Off the cruise but still on the ship!!

I have not seen this posted. We were on the Triumph last week and since arriving home I have been rockin and rolling. Never even felt it on the cruise!! My sister removed the iron from the ironing board in her laundry room because she thought it would fall off w/ the motion. (so it is not just me). Crazy feeling. Anyone of you veteran cruisers have this experience?

I have not seen this posted. We were on the Triumph last week and since arriving home I have been rockin and rolling. Never even felt it on the cruise!! My sister removed the iron from the ironing board in her laundry room because she thought it would fall off w/ the motion. (so it is not just me). Crazy feeling. Anyone of you veteran cruisers have this experience?

I haven't noticed that from my previous cruises but I've had that same feeling after long international flights. For three days after, I would find myself walking normally then suddenly the floor would start moving....yeeesh!

Well...to me that lengthy technical/medical explanation...seems awfully tongue-in-cheek. But sure...this is of course a REAL thing. And it would be experienced in one degree or another...by EVERYONE...who goes on a cruise/boat for a long enough duration of time. It all has to do with the inner ear and balance. Its totally natural...but would NOT last for years though.

Did you know that EVERY SINGLE ASTRONAUT that goes into space...gets sick! They all, 100% get motion sickness and throw-up!!! Doesn't have anything to do with how experienced a pilot you are, or how many times you have been in outer space before...every astronaut gets sick! After a few hours or even days...their inner ears adjust to the weightlessness...and then they get...Unsick. And life is good. But then, once they come back down to Earth...they get sick again. As their balance systems have to adjust to gravity again.

Same thing with being on a boat...just not as severe. And 100% natural for all.

I try to enjoy it...and (like another poster said) pretend I am on the ship...just a little bit longer!

As for bonine - I start taking it 2 days before the cruise, take it during the cruise, then take it for 2 days afterwards. I learned the afterwards part after having that same movement sensation.

I once had an experience after docking in San Juan of pitching forward!!! It happened a few times! It was a very, very, weird experience. It stopped when I got back on the ship and we were underway again.

Did you know that EVERY SINGLE ASTRONAUT that goes into space...gets sick! They all, 100% get motion sickness and throw-up!!! Doesn't have anything to do with how experienced a pilot you are, or how many times you have been in outer space before...every astronaut gets sick! After a few hours or even days...their inner ears adjust to the weightlessness...and then they get...Unsick. And life is good. But then, once they come back down to Earth...they get sick again. As their balance systems have to adjust to gravity again.

My uncle was an astronaut and had no problems during the simulations that they do before hand that make most of them sick. However when he got up there, he was sicker than any of them and in fact his inner ears never readjusted. To this day without contextual clues, with his eyes closed he can't tell if he's laying down or standing.

Both my DW and I experienced this after our first cruise (way back in 1980) on the QE2 from Bremerhaven Germany to New York. It felt like the sidewalks in NYC were moving up and down, and it was actually kind of fun. We never experienced it again on calmer Caribbean cruises.

Archived