Free One category upgrade certificate

faymuiheng

Hi All,

Could someone please explain to me what a ONE category upgrade means?

Certificate says it can be applied from inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview and balcony to balcony only.

There must be a difference in balcony rooms, but how much of a difference?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Could someone please explain to me what a ONE category upgrade means?

Certificate says it can be applied from inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview and balcony to balcony only.

There must be a difference in balcony rooms, but how much of a difference?

Thanks!

The main difference is the cabin location.;)

location and price. the higher the deck and more $$.

there are many inside cabin catagories...sometimes 7 or more. same with oceanviews and balconies. last cruise, we booked a BD...a 1-catagory upgrade would have given us a BC. the BCs were 1 deck up, but not mid-deck. even with the upgrades, check out the catagory well..make sure it's a location you can live with.

As far as balconies go, the only difference on NCL's ships at least are locatiion on the ship. Every cabin is exactly the same size and setup. The balconies on some may be a bit different (cove balcont or larger aft balcony). But the cabin itself is EXACTLY the same.

Oceanviews and Insides are a bit different. Depending on the ship there are 2 different grades, regular and superior. The Superior cabin of course offers a bit more room and on certain ships a refrigerator. These cabins can be setup a bit differently also, some oceanviews may have portholes instead of picture windows, some rooms may be turned sideways offering a totally different setup completely.

Did i miss anything?..:p

difference - almost nothing. Most folks indicate they never get to use those certificates.

BINGO!

Some of the posters seem to think threy will be upgraded to a higher category but if you read the fine print, it says...."book the category you wish to sail and Ncl will reduce the price by one category....." it does not say you will be moved up one category.

The whole thing is a bit misleading in that it says, "since we can't wait to have you sail with us again......", it seems it's being sent as a sort of thank you for our last cruise, Oct. albeit not very timely. It says, upgrades can be combined with other past passenger offers but also says, new bookings only, which is always a rub.

We booked early to get our choice of cabin and got OBC because of a promo at the time, (it was not Visa OBC). I'm just wondering about the wording, saying it can be combined with other past px offers but what I'm reading here is people saying it's one or the other. It's a no brainer for us since our OBC is far more than the price of 1Cat. upgrade.

The price difference in a one category upgrade is neglegible for us, really for anyone, and hardly worth mentioning. Even if it would be combinable with what we have, I wouldn't take the time to do it. My point is, why send something that is so worthless?

Archived