Ryndam staterooms M769 & M773

melika091900

I was just wondering about these rooms since they seemed to be shaped another way,and they look like something is between them ..

does anyone know ? i just want to know before i book them

they are rooms m769 and m,773 on deck a

and is this the deck you get to the tenders from ?

is this the deck you get to the tenders from

On our Mex Riv cruise, we had to go to Deck 3 (one lower) to get tenders. Can't help re rooms, except to say they are pretty mid-ship and in a similar location to one cabin we had. Very stable -- even in Gale force 8/9 in Alaska.

On our Mex Riv cruise, we had to go to Deck 3 (one lower) to get tenders. Can't help re rooms, except to say they are pretty mid-ship and in a similar location to one cabin we had. Very stable -- even in Gale force 8/9 in Alaska.

thanks for the info, did you do the sea of cortez cruise on ryndam?

did you like it ? do you have any pics ?

We loved the Sea of Cortez, esp Loreto, La Paz and Topolobampo. No pics of the ship, but I'll try to attach a couple of Loreto where we kayaked. As I'm typing this reply, I'm trying to figure out why we are going to the Caribbean next cruise, not Sea of Cortez. Oh, yeah 14 days instead of 10, and we'll be on the Ryndam again! That's why.

Seriously, PV, Maz and Cabo were fine, but the others were delightful!

Here's my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49587

I can only find one pic right now, will look for more.

loreto1.jpg.b179b7d468fc07656a10a48ede430987.jpg

We loved the Sea of Cortez, esp Loreto, La Paz and Topolobampo. No pics of the ship, but I'll try to attach a couple of Loreto where we kayaked. As I'm typing this reply, I'm trying to figure out why we are going to the Caribbean next cruise, not Sea of Cortez. Oh, yeah 14 days instead of 10, and we'll be on the Ryndam again! That's why.

Seriously, PV, Maz and Cabo were fine, but the others were delightful!

Here's my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49587

I can only find one pic right now, will look for more.

thank you so much,how was maviri beach in topolobampo?

did it seem safe as far as currents and stuff? weve been to mexico many many times but never topolobampo or la paz or loreto, so im trying to do some research, i research alot since my mom is in a wheelchair ,and we are taking our 8 year old, i like to have at least one beach day.. so im trying to figure out where would be good for that. the water looks nice there almost like the caribbean, is that how it seemed ?

thanks again for all your answers

they are rooms m769 and m,773 on deck a

RuthC, are you around?

If I remember correctly, I think she and several others on the board have a particular fondness for these two staterooms on various decks & ships.

We'll be on the Ryndam starting March 5th 2009. Can't wait!

RuthC, are you around?

If I remember correctly, I think she and several others on the board have a particular fondness for these two staterooms on various decks & ships.

We'll be on the Ryndam starting March 5th 2009. Can't wait!

oh wow, it looks like they arent near any other rooms, i wonder if they connect or something, or bigger??? i better get on it and decide if thats the cruise we are taking and book them..

have fun in march you ll have to let me know how it is..

take care

melissa

thank you so much,how was maviri beach in topolobampo?

did it seem safe as far as currents and stuff? weve been to mexico many many times but never topolobampo or la paz or loreto, so im trying to do some research, i research alot since my mom is in a wheelchair ,and we are taking our 8 year old, i like to have at least one beach day..

Maviri Beach outside Topo had honestly about knee-deep water for as far you could walk. No currents that we noticed. NOTE: That may change with a good storm, but when we were there it was VERY shallow and kinda murky. The sand was coarse, and overall there was a fair amount of natural and human-made debris on the beach. Not the greatest beach, but pleasant enough if you're not too picky. LOTS of people complained -- for us, we were just happy to have sand and salt water :)

The beach and water outside Loreto (which is at the Inn at Loreto Bay) was warm (to us), and very clear. There were jellyfish. BUT most of the way to the beach has sidewalks, so a wheelchair should be able to manage to get to the sand. This is where we did the kayaking excursion, so I'm not sure if the beach is open to the public or not. They would have let us stay if we had wanted beach time after the excursion.

The beach outside La Paz (Tecolote?) was nice, the water was clear but there were some small waves. The sand is white, there are some rocky areas too. There are palapa restaurants there, not sure how good wheelchair access would be.

The handicapped ramps on the street curbs are VERY steep in this area of Mexico for the most part.

If the shuttle bus doesn't work for you, each of these ports had vans and taxis available right at the pier.

For all of you who are doing this soon, I'm sooooooooooo jealous! Wish we could afford another Sea of Cortez this year!

RuthC, are you around?

I'm here.

When I read this thread last night I checked the deckplans to see what the cabins looked like. I can't tell if they are like the ones I prefer on the R-class ships, or not. That's why I didn't reply.

I'm not familiar with these cabins on the S-class ships, but I know the S-ships do have some of those square cabins I like.

If these are the square cabins, you'll find there's a lot more room in the middle of the cabin. There's enough for a little dancing, even! There's enough space for the two beds, plus three (not two) night stands.

I'm here.

When I read this thread last night I checked the deckplans to see what the cabins looked like. I can't tell if they are like the ones I prefer on the R-class ships, or not. That's why I didn't reply.

I'm not familiar with these cabins on the S-class ships, but I know the S-ships do have some of those square cabins I like.

If these are the square cabins, you'll find there's a lot more room in the middle of the cabin. There's enough for a little dancing, even! There's enough space for the two beds, plus three (not two) night stands.

yeah it looks like they are bigger,,,,,,

i just didnt want to book something and get there, and theres only a bunk bed or something, hee hee im sure it would be marked though if that was the case...

thank you again

melissa

Archived