1970's Cruise

cfc525

Also in the 70's -- either '78 or '79. It was a nice ship (although being my first cruise, I wouldn't have been able to tell if it wasn't). I recall I had a nice cabin that had room enough for a small table with a cushioned chair on either side. The only bad thing was that my camera was stolen from my cabin, so there went my pictures! Also, the food, while not terrible, was not quite to my taste.

Yazu!!!!

We thought the food was very good and presented very beautifully back then, and there was quite a variety. What were you served that didn't please you? I do recall on that cruise they even had frogs legs and caviar on the menu. The cruise was also formal every night, especially captains night. It was my first cruise as well.

It's a shame that your camera was stolen. We still look back at those pictures and LOL, we were so young and the styles were so different then; but just the same back then we thought we looked beautiful! We were four couples that went together on that cruise, and we had a blast.

If they did have caviar and frog legs, I probably wouldn't have noticed. Those two particular items never really held much allure for me. I don't think it was any specific item that didn't appeal to me -- maybe I didn't appreciate continental cuisine back then!

I also don't recall that every night was formal -- just to clarify, we ARE talking about the same ship (Chandris/Amerikanis), aren't we?

I was on a Chandris ship around that time [Elannis (sic)] and I have previously posted some of my experiences on her in another thread. After the roaches in the cabin not much could be good. The ports were great though [a Med cruise]. Oh yes, the dining room had an odor that seemed to grow as the cruise went on.

Archived