Grocery store near courtyard marriott?

lauriedun

Thanks-forgot to mention this is the one in Miramar-is this the one you are referring to?

We stayed at the Marriot Miramar last Feb. and are staying there again, this Feb. and yes there is a grocery store about 4 or 5 blocks away, easy walk, just exit the Hotel and turn right, Great place to stock up on beer and wine. also had a nice meal nearby if you have a chance try some Mofungo. also had a great breakfast at one off the local little restaurants Great Coffee!! and real fresh squeeze OJ.

You can catch a bus very close by to take you into OSJ last year it was only $.50 each Nice Hotel too. have a great time

Cheers

Gerry

We stayed at the Marriot Miramar last Feb. and are staying there again, this Feb. and yes there is a grocery store about 4 or 5 blocks away, easy walk, just exit the Hotel and turn right, Great place to stock up on beer and wine. also had a nice meal nearby if you have a chance try some Mofungo. also had a great breakfast at one off the local little restaurants Great Coffee!! and real fresh squeeze OJ.

You can catch a bus very close by to take you into OSJ last year it was only $.50 each Nice Hotel too. have a great time

Cheers

Gerry

Do you remember the name of the restaurant with the good breakfast?

Would you recommend taking the bus, I assume it is safe?

same questions here... We will take the bus if it is that much cheaper to get to OSJ from Courtyard SJ Miramar. We are staying there next Saturday before the cruise so any information would be great! Would love to know about breakfast or lunch even because we will have some time to kill after checking out and getting on the ship.

Can anyone tell me what is near the Courtyard Marriott? We are staying one night pre-cruise and I was hoping there was a grocery store/walgreens nearby to stock up on necessities.

Stay there just got back yesterday.

stand in front of the hotel, walgreens is to your left a few blocks away, to your right passed gas station is the bus stop to old San Juan (M1 $.50, A5 $.75) UPS and some Rest. there too. Across street from the hotel toward your right is Post office (open Monday - Friday), Local Rest, Chineses Rest (both close on Sunday), local phamacy, SubWay, Taco Maker Rest, Puerblo (supper market) and Donino pizza.

In supper market there are food ready to eat different menu very cheap, a lot of local eat there.

use the bus, it's a short ride to old san juan, and cost a lot less

this hotel does not offerred wash cloth

go easy on the sink or you will get splash

same questions here... We will take the bus if it is that much cheaper to get to OSJ from Courtyard SJ Miramar. We are staying there next Saturday before the cruise so any information would be great! Would love to know about breakfast or lunch even because we will have some time to kill after checking out and getting on the ship.

yes, the bus is safe and cheap $.50 compared to around $20.00 taxi. You check out hotel early and let them keep the luggages for you just tip them for there service and take the bus to old san juan and take the bus back to the hotel when you ready to go to the ship. there are always taxi there at the hotel to take you the the port.

Also interested in what is near Courtyard by Marriot Miramar including good restaurant especially for breakfast . Arriving March 6th for March 8th cruise on AOS

Thankyou

Mo

AOS is sail on Sunday, a lot of Rest in the area are closed on Sunday, at Puerblo they serve breakfast but not on Sunday and they open @11:00 on Sunday and they served lunch.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant with the good breakfast?

Would you recommend taking the bus, I assume it is safe?

I don't remember to name, but it was about 5 or 6 blocks down the street, near the Grocery store, it will be on the same side of the street as the Hotel, very quaint looking, mostly local were there. The bus seemed safe to us, be we were a group of five, just stay on the bus until it gets to the terminal. We took a ferry over to Bacardi from there, I plan on doing this again to get a couple bottles of the Grand Reserve, only place you can get it!! The other small Restaurant we went to was

called La Pandera next to the Subway were my buddy wanted to go instead, This was recommended to us by a local , he said good and cheap, my 2 most favorite words! if you go try the Seafood Mofungo, Saw Anthony Bourdain rave about this stuff and he was right, try it We will be there Jan 31st, can't wait

Cheers

Gerry

• 4 weeks later...
Stay there just got back yesterday. stand in front of the hotel, walgreens is to your left a few blocks away, to your right passed gas station is the bus stop to old San Juan (M1 $.50, A5 $.75) UPS and some Rest. there too. Across street from the hotel toward your right is Post office (open Monday - Friday), Local Rest, Chineses Rest (both close on Sunday), local phamacy, SubWay, Taco Maker Rest, Puerblo (supper market) and Donino pizza.

In supper market there are food ready to eat different menu very cheap, a lot of local eat there. use the bus, it's a short ride to old san juan, and cost a lot less. this hotel does not offerred wash cloth go easy on the sink or you will get splash

Thanks for the information.... Which has better prices/selection for several bottles of wine.... Walgreens or Super Market? Are both the same distance from Courtyard Miramar?

Thanks for the information.... Which has better prices/selection for several bottles of wine.... Walgreens or Super Market? Are both the same distance from Courtyard Miramar?

I don't think you can buy wine ( or even beer/liquor) at the Walgreens.

Go to the supermarket.

I don't think you can buy wine ( or even beer/liquor) at the Walgreens.

Go to the supermarket.

Thanks for the info... will head to the supermarket!:)

Does anyone know if this hotel is smoke free? Never thought any place in P R would ever be.

Thanks in advance

The Marriott web site shows it is smoke free...

Click here for San Juan Marriott Courtyard Miramar Details

Archived