bringing diet coke on board

slhull54

I have read the new MSC guidelines on food & beverages but was wondering if anyone has taken any of these on board. My husband drinks a 2 liter of diet coke every morning and the thought of putting up with him for a week with no diet coke scares me. Pepsi light is not an option. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I heard that drinking so much diet soda is really bad for you. My friend who had a mild form of leukemia used to drink tons per day, and swears that drinking diet soda was one of the caused..

Your husband should really cut back to one cup a day maximum. Think about it...all the quemicals and the aspartame. It' can't be good.

slhull54, I hear your pain. I am a diet coke drinker also and cannot imagine going for a week without it! My guess is DH does not drink coffee and that is his drink of choice in the morning. Again, I understand. I agree also, I do not think that will cause diabetes but I am not a doctor. My guess though, is that I would already have it if it does!

I do not know about taking it on but just like wine maybe just put some in your suitcase and bring it on. Take the risk of confescation. The recent notes on bringing beverages on board have indicated that they have gotten on board. Of course that could change by the time you are on board but it is worth the risk!

Good luck and have fun.

Archived