Muster drill question on Caribbean Princess

maremike

Understand Caribbean Princess has muster drill arround 8 PM.

How crowded are the anytime dinning rooms after the drill and also the Steak house?

What do the people having dinner arround 7-7:30 do?

Thanks

Mike

we were on the CB 12/21-12/28 and were scheduled to leave san juan at 11pm.

if i remember correctly, our muster drill was about 530pm. so you should have no problem dining at 7/730pm.

we opted for traditional dining but i can tell you the dining room was about half empty that night.

hava great cruise mike

When we sailed out of San JUan at 11PM the dining rooms opened after the drill and it was open seating for that night only. Of course quite a few people go back ashore after checking in and do not return until just before sailing.

So, what happens if you go back ashore and you "miss" the drill?? I've never cruised before, so I'm not sure how it works. If you miss it, do you have to make it up?? Is everyone "required" to participate in the Muster Drill??

Yes!!!

US Coast Guard regulations require everyone to participate. While on the Coral on our trans canal cruise FLL/YVR, they conducted a second muster for those who were late arrivals and crew.

There are many people who have cruised previously who think they are far too knowledgeable and experienced enough not to attend. Not the case, as cabin attendants check staterooms to ensure all pax report to their respective muster stations. If the attendant knocks and no answer they will enter and check.

Bottom line is when the ship's horn gives seven blasts, retrieve your lifejacket from your stateroom (do not put it on until advised to do so) and proceed to your muster station immediately, where crew members will instruct you on the proper procedures of donning your lifejacket and lifeboat boarding procedures.

Some areas on the ship are more compact than others so be patient at your respective muster stations until the PA announcement is given advising you to stand down the drill and return your lifejackets to your staterooms.

Remember as you proceed to your muster station you cannot use the elevators/lifts. Should there be a pax in your stateroom who would require assistance in moving to the muster station and/or lifeboats it is vital that you advise the pursers' office and your cabin attendant.

Hope this helps with info on Princess lifeboat drills, and...

Ciao for now!!!

So, what happens if you go back ashore and you "miss" the drill?? I've never cruised before, so I'm not sure how it works. If you miss it, do you have to make it up?? Is everyone "required" to participate in the Muster Drill??

There will be a makeup drill the next morning. Time and location will be printed in the first night's Patter.

Archived