Recent Indy (6 night Western) Dinning Room ?

Anyone recently sail on the Indy on the 6 night Western Caribbean?

I'm leaving Feb. 1st and made a reservation online for Chops a month ago. The only nights they had available were both Formal nights and the last night of the cruise. I didn't want to miss a formal night because usually the dinners are better and the 2nd formal night is usually Lobster and Shrimp night. So I made it for the last night of the cruise. Now I don't know whether to switch!

I've seen recent menus but only from people that have sailed Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. I'm assuming they rearranged Thurs. and Fri. nights dinners because of the holidays. They had Lobster on the last night ( so that they could have traditional Holiday meals on the holidays).

So- i'd like to know from anyone else that has sailed on the 6 night Western (NOT on a Holiday week) , when is Lobster night??? Is is Formal night on Thursday, or the Last night of the cruise?

Thank you!

Anyone recently sail on the Indy on the 6 night Western Caribbean?

I'm leaving Feb. 1st and made a reservation online for Chops a month ago. The only nights they had available were both Formal nights and the last night of the cruise. I didn't want to miss a formal night because usually the dinners are better and the 2nd formal night is usually Lobster and Shrimp night. So I made it for the last night of the cruise. Now I don't know whether to switch!

I've seen recent menus but only from people that have sailed Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. I'm assuming they rearranged Thurs. and Fri. nights dinners because of the holidays. They had Lobster on the last night ( so that they could have traditional Holiday meals on the holidays).

So- i'd like to know from anyone else that has sailed on the 6 night Western (NOT on a Holiday week) , when is Lobster night??? Is is Formal night on Thursday, or the Last night of the cruise?

Thank you!

I was on the Indy last month and did Portofinos Tuesday night and Chops Friday. Honestly Portofinos was better as far as I'm concerned. And the lobster was Thursday night in the main dining room.

If I had to do it over again I would have saved the $125 for the five of us and just stayed in the main dining room where we had a wonderful table, a great waitstaff and very good and plentiful food. It depends on your budget and if you are a big steak eater or not.....Chops was good but not great while Portofinos was excellent. In both restaurants it seemed there were not many people in the when we were there at 6:15 until we left an hour or so later.

I was on the Indy last month and did Portofinos Tuesday night and Chops Friday. Honestly Portofinos was better as far as I'm concerned. And the lobster was Thursday night in the main dining room.

If I had to do it over again I would have saved the $125 for the five of us and just stayed in the main dining room where we had a wonderful table, a great waitstaff and very good and plentiful food. It depends on your budget and if you are a big steak eater or not.....Chops was good but not great while Portofinos was excellent. In both restaurants it seemed there were not many people in the when we were there at 6:15 until we left an hour or so later.

Lobster was Thursday! Just as I thought. They changed it for those 2 sailings then. Thank you for clearing that up! Then i'm not missing anything in the dinnig room the last night.

Now you got me second guessing my choice though. I already paid for Chops. We've been to Potofino's 3 times and Chops only once. Our last cruise was the 1st ship that had Chops. We loved them both. I did notice there's not as much to choose from or as many courses at Chops. But our dinner was wonderful. I'll have to go back to see the menus online and decide whether to switch now! :rolleyes: I can't see spending all that money to go to 2 Specialty Restaurants when your paying for food on the ship already, so i'm not doing both. What to do, what to do!

Thanks again for your quick and informative reply cruiseray1.

Archived