Group Cruise: Solstice or Millenium?

TheWulf

We're considering 2 different cruises right now for a group/family+friends cruise. We're not sure how many people yet but we expect about a dozen or so.

We're looking at either the 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Millennium or the 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Solstic.

Any thoughts on whether one or the other would be more suitable for a group cruise? Both are very tempting for different reasons. (Solstice for the new ship, cheap verandas and St Maarten and Millenium for the longer trip/more islands and low price).

Thanks!

:o

If the price is the same I'd rather be on Millennium for 11 nights than Solstice for 7.

Solstice has a reputation for stunning beauty but we like the layout and practicality of the M-class better.

I can't speak for Solstice but we absolutely loved Millennium and her sis Infinity. May not have all of the shock and awe that these new monster ships have but everything is very easy to get to. Very elegant, too! Lots of teak.

Will your group include only adults? If so, I'd chose the longer cruise. If there are young kids or teens sailing, I'd choose Solstice. I've been on both ships and really think Solstice is a better choice for kids. We've done several sailings with our family group of twenty and I know the younger crowd would have loved Solstice. So did I! Have fun making the decision. Group cruises are great.

Elizabeth

Yes. With Adults only and maybe you get an aft cabin - for get togethers then Millie.

If there are kids and it is for summer time then Solstice.

The kids will be moving about the large ship a lot - Solstice.

The adults will like the Martini bar and extras like Lawn Club.

There may not be as many kids on an extended trip on the Millie.

Thanks for the tips!

I think we've decided on the Millennium as we're mainly adults and the longer trip is inviting... not to mention 8 islands instead of 3.

Southern Caribbean?

From Puerto Rico...

Wait.... What's the Celebrity site say????

8 stops... Go for it. And the nice thing is the sea day before you dock.

Only problem - if there is one for you is flying into Puerto Rico - from a scheduling standpoint.

Sorry to be so negative! We have sailed Celebrity numerous times, are elite members, and have recommended them to more people then I can count. Today we returned from our Holiday Cruise onboard the Millennium to New Zealand and Australia. The ship is so so so tired and the quality of the food less than mediocre. I have never been on board a ship with so many unhappy people, and it was the HOLIDAYS!!! Celebrity has lost their way.

Normaone

Oddly, I was on the same cruise and rarely came across an unhappy person! There were no maintenance issues that stood out and impacted our enjoyment nor amenity. Of course, as mentioned in the OP, one is a new ship and one isn't, but that's a conscious part of the choice. I didn't find Millennium a disappointment. Moreover, depending on the intended date, it may have already undergone its planned refit which should see some of the greater relative cabin/comfort deficiencies addressed.

Wow, just viewed a post by Floris with an outstanding video of probably that same cruise, Aus/Nz. Granted the best part was the scenery but while watching it and the clips of the Millenium I was thinking to myself how very much we like the M Class ships.

We are on the Solstice in 3 weeks for a 7 day carribbean. We've decided after this cruise we won't go on any more 7 dayer's. Just not enoughtime for us to relax.

I think Arno said it best in his earlier post.

Archived