Tuggers...how was Horizon??

Hilary

[quote name='Hilary']Tuggers,

Where are you?? How was your Horizon cruise? How was the balcony cabin?? Dying to know![/QUOTE]Tuggers had to leave the ship 4 days into the cruise because of a family emergency with her traveling companion. I don't believe she is back home yet, as she flew to Baltimore with her friend to help in this difficult situation. I'm sure she will report in as soon as she is able.

Just got home from Baltimore tonight. Had to fly to Tampa to pick up my car and then drive home.

Hillary, the four days I had of the cruise were great! The cabin was really, really nice! We had a party one night that JoAn missed! Bad, JoAn! When I left, I bequeathed the great cabin to another couple and I hear that they had a great party, too! Glad someone got to use it!

Ryan is doing remarkably well. He wrote his name today! Everyone was so excited! Little Sh&^t waited until I left to do something spectacular!! He is still looking at a long road and possible left side waekness but things look a lot better than when we left the ship in SanJuan! That was horrible! Earl was a basketcase all the way to BWI!

Anyway, I'm Back!!!

We were all sending prayers for Ryan... it's great that the prognosis (sp) looks good for him.
Yes you were missed, but we did see you and Earl every day when they reran the "video" on the TV... at least we saw Sister Mary Eileen and Father Dominic!
The second party on the balcony was great too.. we finished your champagne and ate your snack mix.....We really did miss you and Earl. Mahalia stopped me several times in the corridors and asked if I had heard any news!

What were they showing, the costume contest?

Glad you enjoyed all the goodies! Did they share the two bottles of red wine I left or just make you drink the free champagne! LOL!

PQ, I had a note from Larry when I got home. Art isn't doing well. You might want to send them an email.

So enjoyed being with you again, if it was for only 4 days! Maybe next time we can make it a whole cruise!!:)

Welcome back Gail! Who knew you would be the wind beneath Earl's wings when you left for your cruise? I was so happy to get Earl's update last night and see you posting again. :) How are your "babies" doing? Wet kisses and tails wagging off, I'll bet!:D

Yes, I think they were all glad to see mom! In fact, I was just typing one handed so I could pet the cat and email at the same time!

I put your name on that list when we did it because I knew you would pass along the info. Hope you didn't mind. Earl is just not up to talking to a lot of people or answering a lot of emails every day. That's why we decided to use that format. He only has to do it once!

I stayed because Earl seemed to want me there and I felt like I was being some support to both he and his Mother. They are both exhausted and will be that way for quite a while. Spending your days commuting to a hospital and spending 4 hours bedside will really take it out of you. Just as a side note, I've never been to a hospital where they allow 4 hours of continuous bedside attendance in critical care, but it has been wonderful for us. We were able to stay with Ryan for those 4 hours every day which was very comforting for Earl and Earl's Mom and for me. We got to sit and hold his hand and talk to him.

Also, I was not surprised, but just so everyone knows, CSA insurance turned down my claim so even though Earl and I have been traveling together for quite some time, and can prove it, they will not pay any of my expenses because we were not sharing a cabin. I was not even concerned about that because I had to go with him, but wanted everyone to know they aren't paying.

Earl, of course, will not be doing the 12/4 Century and would like to sell that if anyone knows a single who would like a REALLY good deal!

The redone balcony cabin was wonderful! Very nice in chocolate browns and golds. We managed to have one party before we had to leave! I did manage to bequeath the cabin to a cc couple so someone enjoyed it!:)

Thanks for the info about the balcony cabin, Gail. Especially glad to hear that everything is okay at home though, that's far more important than a cruise review.
;-)

Now looking forward more than ever to my cruise in 1074 on Horizon!!

Gail, I meant to ask you. Even though you had a very short trip, do you think having a balcony changed your Horizon experience? Was it better, worse, or no real difference??

On thing I like about no balconies is that it "forces" people to congregate in public areas, resulting in more socializing, etc. On the other hand, I love the balcony for early morning and pre-dinner time when I want to be outside, but not have to get dressed.

Oh, that reminds me. How private is the balcony? Was it open on the sides so that someone on the fantail can look around the side and see you? Or someone in the next cabin could see you when they look out the window?

Gail, I am so relieved that things are improving for Ryan. He, Earl and family will remain in my prayers. I've sent you emails, but they were returned. Your mailbox was full, I'm sure with messages from other friends, so will use this venue to let you know that you are in both Bob and my thoughts .;)

Garry

[quote name='tuggers']
I put your name on that list when we did it because I knew you would pass along the info. Hope you didn't mind.

Also, I was not surprised, but just so everyone knows, [color=red]CSA insurance turned down my claim [/color]so even though Earl and I have been traveling together for quite some time, and can prove it, they will not pay any of my expenses because we were not sharing a cabin. I was not even concerned about that because I had to go with him, but wanted everyone to know they aren't paying.

[/QUOTE]Hey Gail, you know I was honored that you and Earl entrusted me with the news about Ryan. You guys are real special folks and well loved by everyone here on the boards. I'm sure you never had a second thought about what you would do when Earl got the news..that's just the way you are. It's a good thing you have another cruise coming up so YOU can de-stress after all this.

I understand that CSA denies a lot of claims at first, but if you persist you may be able to get some satisfaction from them. Keep after them--move up the ladder until you get someone who can help you. I know you can charm your way to the very top!! That's a lot of money to wave bye bye to:eek:

I hope Ryan will be well enough for Earl to feel safe leaving him for his "birthday cruise" next month. What a shame to miss out on the big five 0 celebration. He will need to recouperate from the stress he's under and what better way than a cruise with you! :)

Archived