Cruise preferences - additional $

tulips*n*truffles

Hi again!

For Princess Cruises, there is a page asking for cruise preferences with questions like:

Robe in your cabin (yes or no)

Soft drinks (gives a list of choices)

Fruit (gives a list of choices)

Drinks (both alcoholic and non - with a list of choices)

My question - if I select some of those options, and they are provided, are they "complimentary" or will they be added on to my bill? How does that work?

Thanks!

Robes are complimentary. I had never heard of fruit being provided, maybe that's new?

Drinks all cost .... too much. Like $1.75 per can of coke I think plus 15% tip automatically added.

Bottled water also costs. Bring a empty bottle and fill it up in the buffet where there is filtered water.

Hi again!

For Princess Cruises, there is a page asking for cruise preferences with questions like:

Robe in your cabin (yes or no)

Soft drinks (gives a list of choices)

Fruit (gives a list of choices)

Drinks (both alcoholic and non - with a list of choices)

My question - if I select some of those options, and they are provided, are they "complimentary" or will they be added on to my bill? How does that work?

Thanks!

Did you find this page on your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website??

We are booked for the Caribbean Princess in Feb., and on our Personalizer it asked me what bed-configuration I wanted, and if we wanted robes in our room. I never saw anything asking about fruit or beverages.

So just wondering where you found those options? However, the more I read, the more I think we'll bring on some sodas and bottled water... or refill our own bottle, as was previously suggested.

It means almost nothing. I guess they are just curious. You can click it, but its not like they bring you free soda or drinks. However, the FRUIT is free. You simply fill out the card or tell your room steward and every day you will have fresh fruit in your room. It’s not a new thing, its been available for over twenty years. If you want a robe and you don't get one, simply ask. The robe is for your use on board. If you pack it and take it home, then yes, you will be charged.

Silly me, we just picked up fruit in the buffet. I like to pick mine out after I see it so its perfect ripeness. I wouldnt want it in my cabin or the odor all the time.

We will have a CC balcony on Celebrity and I see they bring a bowl of fruit as well, not sure how I will feel about it in the cabin.

Hello, As far as refilling your own bottle of water at the buffet, that is discouraged by the cruise lines. They don't want anything that your mouth has been on touching the dispenser that everyone else is getting their water from. It is the same with any buffet on land that tells you to get a fresh plate for any return trips. Even though you know that you didn't lick the plate and don't plan on letting food fall back into the buffet from your plate, the other people don't want to take that chance. You are not even supposed to refill your glass, you are supposed to get a new one. Now, you can get a clean glass and fill that and then at your table, pour the water from your glass into your bottle, but, that is it. Maureen

Archived