Where to spent a day shopping?

kasi1979

Hi everyone,

we´ll arrive in Ft. Lauderdale late Friday night in february and don´t go onbaord until sunday. So right now I´m checking if there is a good mall not to be missed in the Lauderdale area. We have a rental, so no need for public transit.

Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

we´ll arrive in Ft. Lauderdale late Friday night in february and don´t go onbaord until sunday. So right now I´m checking if there is a good mall not to be missed in the Lauderdale area. We have a rental, so no need for public transit.

Any suggestions?

The most upscale, luxury mall in the country and my personal favorite http://www.balharbourshops.com/

The largest outlet mall in Florida, Sawgrass Mills, is only 20 minutes west of Ft Lauderdale. Over 2 million square feet of shopping.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1262

/////

This place is great! It's huger than huge! Plan to spend the whole day, and you can eat lunch and dinner at the miriad of restaurants. Be sure not to miss the Collonades shops which are on the outside of the mall. That is the luxury end of the mall and has Saks and Neimans outlets inside at the entrance to the the outdoor area.

does anyone know if any of the hotels near Sawgrass Mills also offer a shuttle to the airport and port? Or, alternatively, if we stayed at one of the hotels that does (like La Quinta Airport or Embassy Suites), does anyone have an idea of what a cab fare to the mall would cost? (or mayber there is a bus we could take?)

I agree with Bequia on this one. I was at Sawgrass Mill Outlets last year, and can't wait to go back. This time, I'll be there for 2 nights, so more shopping for me.

The best way to get there, is to rent a Car. Sawgrass Outlets is about 20 minutes from the airport, and from what I hear, the bus service takes quite a while to get there from Downtown Ft. Lauderdale.

Plan on spending the full day there, it is huge.

Joanne

does anyone know if any of the hotels near Sawgrass Mills also offer a shuttle to the airport and port? Or, alternatively, if we stayed at one of the hotels that does (like La Quinta Airport or Embassy Suites), does anyone have an idea of what a cab fare to the mall would cost? (or mayber there is a bus we could take?)

The closest hotel to Sawgrass that I know of that has airport/cruiseport shuttle is Hampton Inn Plantation. It is a well-liked hotel. I don't know what cab fare would cost, but it is only 4 miles away. I hear they are very accomodating, so maybe they would even take you to the mall if you were nice to the driver ;).

The most upscale, luxury mall in the country and my personal favorite http://www.balharbourshops.com/

This is new to me. Thanks! Next time we're up that direction, we'll spend some time there. I'd like to go into the Bottega Veneta store and see if they can explain to me why 2 of my purses are coming apart (the little piece of leather that wraps around the strap). They've been repaired by the store where I purchased them, but they are once again starting to come apart. Not what I expected at all...considering this started only a week after I used two of them. And try and find a customer service number for this company. I sure couldn't.

They fall under the Gucci umbrella. The client service number is 800.234.8224

/////

You are AMAZING!!! Thank you. I looked around and couldn't find it online. I asked the clerk at the store where I purchased these how to get in touch, but she told me they handle the problems (if there are any). I am VERY disappointed with these two purses. The wallet is fine, but there's no excuse for happening on these types of purses considering what they charge for them. I've got purses from Kohl's that haven't done this.

Thanks again for your help. You're a wonderful person to take the time to help us with our questions. :)

Archived