Take Carnival's shuttle to Orlando airport?

ryansmama

My husband and I are first time cruisers going on the Glory in 3 weeks!

After the cruise, our flight departs at 12:45 pm....I'm a bit nervous about making it on time. What would be the fastest and easiest way to get to the airport?

Self disembark and Carnival's shuttle?

After the cruise, our flight departs at 12:45 pm....I'm a bit nervous about making it on time. What would be the fastest and easiest way to get to the airport?

From previous cruises i have always did the Self Disembark, i know it's a pain but we do it all the time. You will have passengers comment that why did they do that, etc. it's worth it, you know your bags are safe; and if you get off the ship by 9 you should have plenty of time to get your flight. Leave the room by 8:45 or when then say self disembarkation has started go to your rooms, get your bags and proceed down to the lobby deck to disembark. It is a very easy process and for your first cruise the Glory is amazing, that was our first cruise and fell in love with the ship. you can check out my review in my signature if you would like. Have fun!!!

We did self disembarkation in Port Canaveral and were off before 8 am. If you miss it, Im not sure they wouldnt make you wait until your number is called. 8:45 is probably late to be getting off the ship I would think. Im not sure about doing Carnival's shuttle, but it would probably be fine.

I did one cruiseline shuttle with Princess and folks warned me that I would have to wait for the bus to fill up before it would leave, but the busses filled up pretty fast, and that was with just missing one, we were the first ones on the next bus.

A limo service would get you to Orlando a little faster, but not much. You can find the names of other services if you go to the area where just Florida departures are now, they have their own area.

We're on the Glory next week, and we booked air through Carnival. They have us flying out at 12:45 also with the shuttle booked through Carnival. I would assume they would not make arrangements for a flight we wouldn't be able to make using their service, so you should be fine to take their shuttle and make your flight.

I would be interested in hearing how you make out with the self disembarkation and getting to Orlando airport. We are in the same situation in May. Our flight was suppose to be at 2:30 and has been moved up to 12:30.

I am concerned about using Carnival's shuttle only because we have friends who used it before and they sat on the bus for almost an hour before it left the port. We are thinking of using a private shuttle service.

My email address is jim58@nb.sympatico.ca I would really like to know how you make out. This will be our first cruise on Carnival. We are doing a B2B.....2 weeks, one week Western and one week Eastern. Can't get here fast enough.

Hope you both have a fantastic trip.

Jim

We got off the ship at 8:30ish, (not using self lugguage) and a shuttle bus was right there from AVIS. Rented a car for $54 and returned it to AVIS at MCO. We got to MCO before 11:00 a.m. There was three of us. The drive is a straight away from AVIS to airport. Couldn't have worked out better.... course I prearranged the car.... but did not expect that shuttle to be sitting right there.

We rented from Avis too. It was $56 for a one way rental. We were a little later getting off the ship because we did not do self-embarkation. We waited about 20 mins for the shuttle. Picking up the car was really quick and we were on the road in no time. We were at the airport before noon. Dropping off the car is sooo fast. It literally takes about 2 mins. Someone met us at the car as we pulled in. Helped us unload our luggage. Printed off a receipt using a little portable machine and we were on our way into the terminal. Just don't speed on the highway into Orlando. There were tons of police cars pulling people over.

It's been a couple of years, but we used the Carnival shuttle for the return trip to Orlando and would do it again in a heartbeat. I would just go to the Purser's desk and let them know you have a 12:45 flight. Not sure if that would get you early disemark priviledges or not. In our experience, we did not have an early flight and took our time getting off the ship. We only waited a few minutes for the bus to fill up and then were on our way. It was so easy and the driver just asked what airline we were on. I think even with a delay in customs, etc., and not doing self-debark we were at the airport by noon. I am sure there must be cruise air booked for this time, so assume getting to the airport on one of the first shuttles wouldn't be a problem. Another option would be to make arrangements for your own transportation but to me, that can be stressful as well trying to find the right vehicle, etc. We rented a car from Budget on the front end of the trip. That was painless as well. The drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral is easy and we don't live in an urban area and thought it was a piece of cake. One straight shot and highway. Good luck!

We're on the Glory next week, and we booked air through Carnival. They have us flying out at 12:45 also with the shuttle booked through Carnival. I would assume they would not make arrangements for a flight we wouldn't be able to make using their service, so you should be fine to take their shuttle and make your flight.

Don't count on it. We have had bad fog the past couple days.If the ship is late at all,even 30 minutes.You will miss your flight.Make sure you have travel insurance.

If there is an accident or any incident on the 520 expressway.Wave goodbye to your flight.

Security can have long lines as well depending on your airline and gate.

Good luck!

Have insurance!

Steve

We were on Glory in December. I used Florida Towncar Service. It costs $100 each way (per car-not per person). The driver "JC" was very punctual and picked us up right outside the ship. 800-525-7246. You won't have to wait for a bus to fill up before leaving for the airport. On arrival, he met us in the baggage claim area and took us to our pre-cruise hotel at the port, and then picked us up at the ship to go back to MCO airport. It was dependable and seamless. floridatowncar.com I would use him again. It is a Lincoln Towncar with lots of trunk space. He'll even bring carseats for kids if you need them. And definitely do self disembark with that flight time. I have to say though that Glory staff got passengers off the ship faster than any ship we've been on (and especially fast for a ship this large).

Archived