Liquor & Jewelry Prices - St. Thomas or St. Martin

crazee4cruzin

Going in March and was wondering if liquor prices are better in St. Thomas or St. Martin? We like to purchase Absolute, Grand Marnier, Pusser's Rum and Gin. I am also considering some gold jewelry. We have never been to St. Martin and would welcome some input. Thanks.:D

Most liquor tends to be cheaper in St Martin, but sometimes they have smaller sizes than we do in the States. I remember buying 7 oz bottles of beer that used to be referred to as pony bottles. I don't think that size ever sold in the States.

I love the local guavaberry in the hand-painted bottles. Very nice souvenir.

Check out the customs regulations for liquor. If you search this forum there was a long discussion about it earlier in the year. The basic gist of it is that if you buy on St. Thomas, you can bring back 5 bottles/pp as long as one of them is some sort of rum(?) that is made in the Virgin Islands. I think if you buy on another island, you can only bring back 1 bottle. However, if you declare extra bottles at customs, they might not even charge you the duty.

If you dock at Havensight, there are several places you can purchase liquor and have it delivered to the ship.

Archived