On-line packing tips

MrsTffx

Calgon has a great one! calgon1@yahoo.com is his email address. He responded to me very quickly. Just let him know your itinerary, as he has several lists: Warm weather, Alaska, Kids, etc. The list is a riot. It gives you a good idea of what to pack and how. Most of us however, don't take nearly as much as he mentions. Best piece of advise, as long as you are traveling with a spouse or partner, put one outfit for each dress occasion into the other person's luggage: swimsuit, shorts & top, Slacks & shirt, dress & sport jacket, etc. This way if luggage is delayed or lost, you will still have some of your own clothes to wear until the piece is returned. Don't forget the shoes, undies and accessories too. I once had 3 of 4 pieces of luggage arrive, including my slacks outfit for the first dinner. However, I didn't have any shoes. I would have looked really odd wearing white sneakers! I don't travel with a pocketbook anymore either. I use a change purse and make-up size zipper bag kept in my tote bag. It makes things a lot easier especially when going through airport security. Always put jewelry and medication and camera in your carry-on, never check those items.

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997

Celebrity Zenith 11/1996

Legend of the Seas 6/1995

Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

The best packing advice I ever received & can pass along that REALLY WORKS is-----DRY CLEANING BAGS!!! We pack EVERYTHING on hangars (the good stuff) in bags in a hard case garment bag & have NEVER had a wrinkle!!! Never had to use wrinkle releaser either!

The not-so-good stuff, we pack folded nicely & roll nicely & everything just works perfectly! I have taken an iron on the last 5 cruiss & never, I mean NEVER used it once!!! Swear!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

(learned it here on the boards)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

The best packing advice I ever received & can pass along that REALLY WORKS is-----DRY CLEANING BAGS!!! We pack EVERYTHING on hangars (the good stuff) in bags in a hard case garment bag & have NEVER had a wrinkle!!! Never had to use wrinkle releaser either!

The not-so-good stuff, we pack folded nicely & roll nicely & everything just works perfectly! I have taken an iron on the last 5 cruises & never, I mean NEVER used it once!!! Swear!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

(learned it here on the boards)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Archived