Has anyone ever heard of this shuttle service

I am flying into FIUMICINO . I found a shuttle service to the port in Civitavecchia on the internet for only 45 euros per person.. which seems almost too good to be true. The company is called Rome Airport Shuttle. Has anyone heard of them? Is there a way to know if they are legitimate? I hope I havent comitted a no-no buy putting their name on here.

If you mean this company...http://www.airports-shuttle.com/ the Rome transfer page here:

http://rome.airports-shuttle.com/

then we used them in Venice. They were very efficient, good communication and were waiting for us as we left the ship. They even provided a van for the same price as the car......there were 3 of us..in order to ensure there were no problems with luggage.

Edit: I've just had a quick look at their webpage..the transfer is 115 euros per car from the airport to the port. still a good price but are you sure you were looking at the correct part?

If you mean this company...http://www.airports-shuttle.com/ the Rome transfer page here:

http://rome.airports-shuttle.com/

then we used them in Venice. They were very efficient, good communication and were waiting for us as we left the ship. They even provided a van for the same price as the car......there were 3 of us..in order to ensure there were no problems with luggage.

Edit: I've just had a quick look at their webpage..the transfer is 115 euros per car from the airport to the port. still a good price but are you sure you were looking at the correct part?

http://www.rome-airport-shuttle.it

they wrote me back 45 euro a person with 1 large a 1 small bag..this might be a different website..

Ah, yes, it looks like a different website. Sorry, they all sound very similar. 45 euros each is a good price if there are only 2 of you, it starts to become more expensive if there are more.

Have you also checked the cost of a ship's transfer from the airport to the port? It may be worth a look. Ours are actually 20 euros per person, but I do know a lot of ships charge more.

Ah, yes, it looks like a different website. Sorry, they all sound very similar. 45 euros each is a good price if there are only 2 of you, it starts to become more expensive if there are more.

Have you also checked the cost of a ship's transfer from the airport to the port? It may be worth a look. Ours are actually 20 euros per person, but I do know a lot of ships charge more.

Hal wants 90 us dollars. As I am traveling alone, 45 seems to be a bargain, unless I could find someone to share with. I guess I am just trying to figure out if this is a legitamate company. But as you said, if it were 2 or 3 people, at 45 euros, its nothing special. thanks for your input.

Definitely check out your roll call, and try to share with others.

There were six of us that joined up together and we only paid 30 EUR pp from Rome to Civitavecchia with Rome Cabs. And that was picking us all up at 3 different hotels close to the Vatican. Plus it was fun meeting some of the Cruise Critic Crew before boarding the ship.

At our Meet & Mingle on the ship, 20 had signed up, but only 11 of us showed up for it. It's fun to see others out and about on the ship, join up for tours & transfers, etc. Then we arranged to meet on formal night too for a photo, but ended up nobody bought it, because we all had taken photos of the group with our own cameras.

Have a great trip!

You might want to post this query on the rome board of tripadvisor.com to see if you can find anyone who has used them. I think they may be a relatively new service, more like the "super shuttles" we have in the US.

Good luck; if you find out anything either way, please post here. I'll be traveling solo to Civitavecchia next November for a cruise. I know I can take the train, but that means keeping the luggage to a minimum!

You might want to post this query on the rome board of tripadvisor.com to see if you can find anyone who has used them. I think they may be a relatively new service, more like the "super shuttles" we have in the US.

Good luck; if you find out anything either way, please post here. I'll be traveling solo to Civitavecchia next November for a cruise. I know I can take the train, but that means keeping the luggage to a minimum!

Thanks for the post. I know what you mean about the train. I considered it, but decided it wouldnt be feasable with more than I bag. I will try posting on the roll call.... I just wonder if I might find some folks even on the plane???? Since it is non stop to rome.. i would think at least someone else is going on a cruise. Thanks for the input.

I am flying into FIUMICINO . I found a shuttle service to the port in Civitavecchia on the internet for only 45 euros per person.. which seems almost too good to be true. The company is called Rome Airport Shuttle. Has anyone heard of them? Is there a way to know if they are legitimate? I hope I havent comitted a no-no buy putting their name on here.

We have booked with Domenico info@romashuttleairport.it three times. The website is http://www.romashuttleairport.it Transfers are priced for the trip not per person. You will get an immediate response after making an inquiry. This service is extremely reliable. There are several companies with similar names that tend to be confusing but Romashuttle is the best!!! Gail

Archived