HAL prices -- check carefully!!

Krazy Kruizers

We got a new brochure from our TA today and were looking at some of the cruises for 2010. We noticed some discrepencies in prices - so check with your TA before booking cruises. Here is one I found:

Departing Sunday Feb 28, 2010

Sailing on the ms Westerdam

Fares below are real-time for cruise only, per person, based on Double occupancy.

If you wish to book air with your cruise, please proceed to Step 3 and confirm your departure city in Book Air.

PS - Penthouse Verandah Suites Avg 1318 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah - $8,772.77 Closed SA - Deluxe Verandah Suites Avg 510 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $3,922.77 Available SB - Deluxe Verandah Suites Avg 510 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $4,272.77 Available SC - Deluxe Verandah Suites Avg 510 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 3 $3,922.77 Available

SS - Superior Verandah Suites Avg 389 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 3 $2,922.77 Available

SY - Superior Verandah Suites Avg 389 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 3 $2,922.77 Available

SZ - Superior Verandah Suites Avg 389 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah - $4,632.77 Closed VA - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 3 $2,382.77 Available

VB - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $2,262.77 Available

VC - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $2,142.77 Available VD - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $2,022.77 Available

VE - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 3 $2,142.77 Available VF - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah 4 $2,022.77 Available

VH - Deluxe Verandah Outside Avg 249 Sq Ft Incl. Verandah - $3,252.77 Closed C - Large Avg 171 Sq Ft 4 $1,862.77 Available

D - Large Avg 171 Sq Ft 4 $1,822.77 Available

DD - Large Avg 171 Sq Ft 4 $1,822.77 Available E - Large Avg 171 Sq Ft 4 $1,782.77 Available F - Large Avg 171 Sq Ft 4 $1,742.77 Available G - Large-Obstructed View Avg 174 Sq Ft 3 $1,662.77 Available GG - Large-Obstructed View Avg 174 Sq Ft 2 $1,622.77 Available H - Large-Obstructed View Avg 174 Sq Ft 3 $1,622.77 Available

HH - Large-Obstructed View Avg 174 Sq Ft - $2,772.77 Closed Inside Staterooms I - Large Avg 185 Sq Ft 4 $1,552.77 Available

J - Large Or Standard Avg 148 Sq Ft 4 $1,512.77 Available

K - Large Or Standard Avg 143 Sq Ft - $1,472.77 Closed L - Standard Avg 154 Sq Ft 2 $1,552.77 Available M - Standard Avg 154 Sq Ft 2 $1,512.77 Available MM - Standard Avg 154 Sq Ft 2 $1,472.77 Available N - Standard Avg 154 Sq Ft - $2,322.77 Closed

NN - Standard Avg 154 Sq Ft - $2,262.77 Closed

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

Not sure from your post what prices were expected to see what's different... were the fares higher or lower?

Was the brochure from your TA printed BY your TA, or HAL, or another 3rd party?

Also, for some reason, when you check cruise prices real-time on the HAL website transfers are ALWAYS included. (Check review fare details near the bottom of the HAL webpage for your selected cruise to see what I mean.) So the quote will be a bit higher than it should be.

Fares often change on a weekly basis. I don't think HAL is trying to 'pull one over' (my words, not yours) on anyone...

We check the websites daily for our cruises. Yesterday as I went through the prices for our HAL Alaska cruise it showed the same as before. It showed $1699 pp plus fees, etc. and equaling $1810.

However, I went and clicked on the category we are in and the next page showed the total equaling $1710.

I called my TA and got another $100 pp reduction in fare.

The website this morning still shows $1699 and a when I click through it goes to the lower total rate of $1710 total. The actual price is $1599 in reality.

I hope that isn't too confusing but the website may not be completely updated yet and you may be eligible for a reduction, if you remember what the total price used to be.

...SB's have never been more expensive than SA.

Sorry I couldn't get it posted any better.

We are in an aft SC on Westerdam for next December, and the agency we use has has always showed lower prices for SA than SB on this sailing.

I have a habit of looking at 'pretend' cruises (I can dream, right? :)) and often see SA priced lower than SB. I have no idea why, but presume it has to do with availability factors.

Had one heck of a time copying from HAL's web site -- it just wouldn't take right.

SA is listed at $3922

SB is listed at $4272

SC is listed at $3922

SB's have never been more expensive than SA.

Actually on a few rare occasions I have seen this happen, here is my take. They want people to jump thinking this is a good deal for the SA Suite and that it may be a mistake so they better buy now;) Remember on the Vistas and the Eurodam HAL has far more SA cabins. The other thing is that they have limited SC cabins and often they sell fast then they go into a Guarantee situation and then HAL can then place those passengers into the unsold SB's rather than their usually more expensive SA cabins.

I personally think this was done on purpose to sell SA Suites.:)

I personally think this was done on purpose to sell SA Suites.:)

I see this all the time on various sailings and cruise lines on online TA sites. Outside cabins sometimes sell for less than insides and balconies are sold for the same price as an outside.

And when a lone ranger suite is all that is available, the sky is the limit.

Had one heck of a time copying from HAL's web site -- it just wouldn't take right.

SA is listed at $3922

SB is listed at $4272

SC is listed at $3922

We purchased our SA on the Noordam transatlantic for less than the price of SB and the SC seems to be happening Quite a lot right now

I just found it very strange as we always book an SA and this was the first time I ever saw an SA cheaper than an SB.

While I was checking that particular Westerdam cruise and date, I was also checking the Noordam, Zuiderdam and other Westerdam cruises and the SA's were all higher than the SB's.

We usually book an SY or SS. SS is usually more expensive, but occasionally, the SY is and sometimes they are the same price. I like the location of the four SY cabins, so would prefer them, even if they are on a lower deck, but go for the SS if there is no price differential, hoping for that elusive upgrade to the S catagory. It has never happened, but you never know.

SA is listed at $3922

SB is listed at $4272

SC is listed at $3922

What you posted shows "SA" closed, doesn't it? When closed, there is NO price as there are no cabins.

Archived