Two part question: air and line

waterloogirl

Hello all. I've been a fan for quite sometime; however, this is my first question....

I have only cruised with Princess in the past (6 in total). I'm now looking to book a balcony on Norweigan Jewel or Royal Navigator (both five day Western)....am having a very hard time deciding which to choose. I've only pre-booked Caribe deck on Princess ships due to the much larger balconies. Does the Jewel or the Navigator have a similar deck with large balcony layout or are they all the same?

Second question is...I'm from Ontario Canada and have found a great deal on a flight; however, flight departs Miami at 10:30 a.m. - will that be pushing it?

Thanks in advance.

I very much enjoy reading all of the posts here....have helped tremendously in the past!!!

Cheers, from a very cold Ontario

Hello all. I've been a fan for quite sometime; however, this is my first question....

I have only cruised with Princess in the past (6 in total). I'm now looking to book a balcony on Norweigan Jewel or Royal Navigator (both five day Western)....am having a very hard time deciding which to choose. I've only pre-booked Caribe deck on Princess ships due to the much larger balconies. Does the Jewel or the Navigator have a similar deck with large balcony layout or are they all the same?

Second question is...I'm from Ontario Canada and have found a great deal on a flight; however, flight departs Miami at 10:30 a.m. - will that be pushing it?

Thanks in advance.

I very much enjoy reading all of the posts here....have helped tremendously in the past!!!

Cheers, from a very cold Ontario

Norwegian has balconies of varying sizes, from normal balconies, to Aft balconies (larger) and villa/penthouse balconies (much larger).

A 10:30 am flight home is REALLY pushing it for your return flight... While I am sure you could get to the airport by 10:30... it might be difficult to get checked in and through security to make your flight boarding time which would be around 10:00 AM....

I would suggest a later flight if possible.

I too am from Canada, and we did the Jewel in 2006 and immigration is quick to get off the ship. We even went back to our room to finish getting ready and then bkfst. And you don't have to get up to be there for a God Awful time like we did on Disney, I think that was 5:30 am, WITH children in tow....NCL was I believe 7 or 7:30.

But as for your flight, don't forget you need to be at the airport 2 hours prior to your flight, which makes that 8:30am....kind of tight, even if you stretch it to arriving less than the regulated 2 hrs. JMHO

Just off of the Dawn yesterday, and it was after 8:30 when Customs got started with ship and people could start to disembark the ship. Customs can be late and Customs can be slow. They can do whatever they want. They're Customs.:)

Exactly my point. I wouldn't chance a 10:30 am ret'n flight. I'd try for an early afternoon flight, or next day 10:30 am flight. I couldn't get one for our upcoming flight until 7pm, so I booked one for the next day, and we're enjoying Miami for 1 more day with friends of ours who will be sailing the Jewel the same week we're on the Pearl. (we really should have got together when booking our cruises:rolleyes:)

Archived