I took the deal today

rsinj

The $500 onboard credit is direct from ncl's promotion going on now. That is for a suite. The onboard credit goes lower for lower cat cabins.

I booked with a TA who was doubling the obc. I also booked a suite.

Awesome!!! I saw it too tonight and am debating. We sail in Feb this year, and I'm sure we're going to book another one, so I'm looking at this deal because I'm sure it's better than the deal they will offer on the cruise of $100 OBC immed. and $250 deposit. I'll talk to hubby in the Am. Can I ask was it an Internet Co that offered you the double OBC?

I booked it, too: two balconies on the Jewel in Feb. 2010. I toyed with going on Celebrity or Princess next year but my TA- who is great- said we'd be happier with the Jewel and I took her advice. (She is sailing the jewel on a two weeker in the fall.)

YIPPEE

Awesome!!! I saw it too tonight and am debating. We sail in Feb this year, and I'm sure we're going to book another one, so I'm looking at this deal because I'm sure it's better than the deal they will offer on the cruise of $100 OBC immed. and $250 deposit. I'll talk to hubby in the Am. Can I ask was it an Internet Co that offered you the double OBC?

We aren't allowed to state the names of TA's here. And it's over. Unless they do it again this coming week. You just need to be signed up for their emails.

The way to find the TA is, look at the group cruise forum here, click on any of them, find your way to the pricing. Look at the TA that you need to book with. That is the TA ;)

It was good deal. Good enough to sway me into sailing NCL again. Which I have not since 1982. It was a lousy cruise. But after reading about the suite perks, I'm willing to give it another try. I wouldn't if I were booking a regular cabin.

just be careful to check out the overall price . We are going on a Panama Canal Cruise in Apr and have the $300 OBC. Still trying to get the Visa OBC but TA is saying you can't have both. don't believe that after reading all your threads. Anyhow, we almost moved the reservation to a TA who was offering the $1000 OBC but after comparing the cruise price and the deducting the bigger OBC, it still was more expensive than the orginal price we got. we booked about 8 mo ago and got a price I have not seen since.

Bon Voyage to us all

Liz

We just booked a future cruise with the $250 deposit plus the $100 OBC last week while we were sailing a fabulous cruise on the Dawn--so great we went ahead and booked the Pearl for the same cruise next year, with $100 more OBC for an ocean view cabin, plus $100 for paying with Visa, plus another little discount our TA factored in. I just wish we were sailing tomorrow!

just be careful to check out the overall price . We are going on a Panama Canal Cruise in Apr and have the $300 OBC. Still trying to get the Visa OBC but TA is saying you can't have both. don't believe that after reading all your threads. Anyhow, we almost moved the reservation to a TA who was offering the $1000 OBC but after comparing the cruise price and the deducting the bigger OBC, it still was more expensive than the orginal price we got. we booked about 8 mo ago and got a price I have not seen since.

That is good advice, as with all the promotions floating around you do need to be careful that with the perks being tossed in, you are not getting a higher base fare.

When I was searching yesterday after getting the email, I did compare the price for the same cabin on the same cruise this coming May and also for May 2010 both with NCL and the online place we usually use (pretty difficult to check for 2011 though - the online place we usually go through doesn't even have the 2011's available yet). For what we booked in 2011 directly through the NCL website, the base fare for ours was below that of all others even before the OBC. The OBC did not show on the website or original confirmation, but a quick call to NCL and they emailed a better one showing it.

Again - good advice you gave.

Also, any reservations people book which include OBC - get it in writing. I have seen a number of threads where people did not get OBCs which they (claim they) were entitled to but did not receive for one reason or another. Best way to avert a problem later is to get it in writing now.

Howard

Bon Voyage to us all

Liz

This makes more sense to me. We are recent 1st time cruisers (Dawn Nov. 29, 2008) so I'm watching things very carefully. I even took the time to read the fine print under "Terms and Conditions". This offer, if I read correctly, is NOT combinable with other offers. Can anyone shed light on this? Do union discounts still apply, etc. etc. .....Remember the old saying..."If it sounds to good to be true...."

We need a seasoned, experienced traveler here for some insight.

This makes more sense to me. We are recent 1st time cruisers (Dawn Nov. 29, 2008) so I'm watching things very carefully. I even took the time to read the fine print under "Terms and Conditions". This offer, if I read correctly, is NOT combinable with other offers. Can anyone shed light on this? Do union discounts still apply, etc. etc. .....Remember the old saying..."If it sounds to good to be true...."

We need a seasoned, experienced traveler here for some insight.

No discounted fare codes apply.

So no union, no military, no interline etc.

Hi: I booked yesterday for dec.09. I got my lattitudes discount, $500 obc for booking suite and $100 obc for using Visa with the 250.00 per cabin deposit.

ahh, I am not a latitudes member. I last sailed on ncl in 1982 and swore never to step foot on one of their ships again.

They don't have records from that far back...lol

I used visa, so what is this visa discount?

alrighty, I looked it up, you have to book thru that agency to use it.

Bon Voyage to us all

Liz

I did the same thing...the $1K OBC overall cost was higher than the overall cost found elsewhere.

I did the same thing...the $1K OBC overall cost was higher than the overall cost found elsewhere.

Right before the OBC offer came out I noticed the NCL prices for our cruise went up quite a bit and I'm sure this happened to others!:eek: Our Group prices have consistently stayed lower then NCL's even with the OBC.:cool: As you said, always check the overall costs!;)

Reduced deposit and $500 on-board credit.

Now I just have to wait 2 1/2 years!

Howard

Hi Howard...

How were you able to book 2 1/2 years out? I am waiting to book our first cruise...I want a certain cabin (AD)...and would like to make the reservation as soon as possible...but have been told by online TA's and even NCL that I have to wait for the Fall 2010/2011 schedule to come out.

I'm looking at Jan 2011....but so far haven't been able to book anything.

How did you accomplish this?

Thank you...

Megan

Hi Howard...

How were you able to book 2 1/2 years out?

How did you accomplish this?

Thank you...

Megan

Hi Megan.

We booked Hawaii on Pride of America - the Hawaii cruises are available on NCL.com all the way out to Jan 2012 right now.

Howard

Archived