Mariner of the Seas. Can you access the adjacent cabin thru the balcony?

We are wanting to book 2 cabins next door to each other. We would prefer a connecting interior door between the cabins, but there are not any available on the date we are hoping to book.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to have access to our teens cabin ( & extra bathroom) by having the balcony divider unlocked. I thought I read about this someplace , but now I can't find the post.

Is this feature available between all balcony cabins? (Assuming that is what your neighbor wants. ;) ) What about the "hump" cabins? Do they also unlock?

Thank you! Any other suggestions are very much appreciated.

We are wanting to book 2 cabins next door to each other. We would prefer a connecting interior door between the cabins, but there are not any available on the date we are hoping to book.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to have access to our teens cabin ( & extra bathroom) by having the balcony divider unlocked. I thought I read about this someplace , but now I can't find the post.

Is this feature available between all balcony cabins? (Assuming that is what your neighbor wants. ;) ) What about the "hump" cabins? Do they also unlock?

They are hinged, so can open. Getting them to unlock and open it for you is another thing.

Tipping your room steward some extra $$ the first time you meet her may get you these extra little favors.;)

Some ships appear to have policies against opening the dividers while others don't. I'm not so sure that hump balconies can open, but again, that may depend on the ship. I'm fairly sure my hump cabin on the Jewel did not have dividers that could open.

The dividers on Mariner can be opened BUT it is at the discretion of the Captain. Some cruises they will allow the dividers to be opened, some cruises they won't. You can ask your room steward and if it is allowed, they will do it, but be prepared to be told no.

We've been on Mariner with connecting cabins (not humps.) They DID open the balcony divider for us as well -- a maintenance guy had to come to do it. But I think your issue may be leaving the balcony sliders unlocked. They may rattle around a bit and/or swing open unintentionally. (You'll see what I'm talking about when you're actually on board locking them creates a very tight seal.)

They are hinged, so can open. Getting them to unlock and open it for you is another thing.

Tipping your room steward some extra $$ the first time you meet her may get you these extra little favors.;)

Thanks B-52.

I've learned that tipping a few $$$ can help in lots of ways on board :-D.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

The dividers on Mariner can be opened BUT it is at the discretion of the Captain. Some cruises they will allow the dividers to be opened, some cruises they won't. You can ask your room steward and if it is allowed, they will do it, but be prepared to be told no.

So tipping the room steward won't really help in this siuation then , will it? :( I guess I can always walk up to the Captains table on formal night and stick a few $$$ in the Captain's top pocket. :D;)

I was hoping to know for definite before we booked the cabins. I want to trust the RCCL TA, but experience has taught me to verify everything I'm told!!

We've been on Mariner with connecting cabins (not humps.) They DID open the balcony divider for us as well -- a maintenance guy had to come to do it. But I think your issue may be leaving the balcony sliders unlocked. They may rattle around a bit and/or swing open unintentionally. (You'll see what I'm talking about when you're actually on board locking them creates a very tight seal.)

Did you have to do a lot of arm twisting or bribing to have the balcony doors unlocked? :) How long did you have to wait, a few hours or a few days? I just wish we could request it ahead of time.

I can't imagine 20 or more room stewards contacting the Captain to request permission to unlock balcony dividers..... seems to me he would be "just a tad bit busy" up on the bridge the first day :D......... Besides, what is the point to having unlocking balcony dividers if they are never allowed to unlock them!!! Doesn't make any sense......

Thank you everyone for your quick responses.

Craving A Cruise

So tipping the room steward won't really help in this siuation then , will it? :( I guess I can always walk up to the Captains table on formal night and stick a few $$$ in the Captain's top pocket. :D;)

I was hoping to know for definite before we booked the cabins. I want to trust the RCCL TA, but experience has taught me to verify everything I'm told!!

Having unlockable balcony dividers make for easier pressure washing and maintainance of the balconies.

Did you have to do a lot of arm twisting or bribing to have the balcony doors unlocked? :) How long did you have to wait, a few hours or a few days? I just wish we could request it ahead of time.

I can't imagine 20 or more room stewards contacting the Captain to request permission to unlock balcony dividers..... seems to me he would be "just a tad bit busy" up on the bridge the first day :D......... Besides, what is the point to having unlocking balcony dividers if they are never allowed to unlock them!!! Doesn't make any sense......

Thank you everyone for your quick responses.

Craving A Cruise

The dividers on Mariner swing open like a door, and can create hazards in rough seas, that's why it's at the Captains discretion. The Captain won't be asked about each individual request, he will just make his decision known, to the room stewards, for each cruise

Archived