Manta Equador Help Please???

BCHappyGal

We are crusing southbound on the Infinity in January and manta is one of our ports of call. I have had very little luck finding out anything about Manata. Has anyone been there?

Can anyone recommend the Must SEE & Must Do items?

Can anyone tell us how easy this port is to tour on our own???

Ann

We were in Manta last December on a Marco Polo cruise. We took the ship excursion around Manta and Monte Christo, we didn't walk around by ourselves. We were shocked at the poverty and dirt and trash everywhere, but got used to it more as we cruised further down the coast to other ports. Lots of children and dogs running around, even cows on the street in Monte Christo. Interesting new museum in Manta, beautiful church in Monte Christo. Stay with your tour guide as street vendors are very pushy. Our ship also provided free shuttle service to a local market area and to Manta mall that looks just like any American mall. There's an internet place in the mall where we did e-mail for a couple of dollars. I think the mall was built because the US Navy established a base in Manta.

I'll be happy to answer more questions, I've gotten good advice from fellow cruise critics many times. (We loved the Infinity on another cruise, especially that wonderful Thelassotherapy pool).

Archived