D1 v. E2

FNDelta

I know these sorts of questions are commonly answered (no way to know if it is worth it).

Putting that aside, i recently booked an E2 room on deck 8 on SOS. It is located right between the hump and the front bow semi-hub(if that is what it is called)

My other option was a D1 that was closer to the aft (roughly 8 rooms from directly aft)

It was my understanding that being more centrally located on the ship would allow for an easier commute as well as a better view. Was i mistaken? and should have booked the D1? It was roughly $80 more per person.

Thanks for any insight.

I know these sorts of questions are commonly answered (no way to know if it is worth it).

Putting that aside, i recently booked an E2 room on deck 8 on SOS. It is located right between the hump and the front bow semi-hub(if that is what it is called)

My other option was a D1 that was closer to the aft (roughly 8 rooms from directly aft)

It was my understanding that being more centrally located on the ship would allow for an easier commute as well as a better view. Was i mistaken? and should have booked the D1? It was roughly $80 more per person.

Thanks for any insight.

You'll be fine in your E2. The only difference is the D1 (slightly more square feet) has a sofa whereas the E2 has a love seat.

If the E2 is closer to the elevators and stairs, I'd stay with that one. I suspect that long walk down the hallway would get old by the end of the week. I book as close to the stairs as I can get. If the only difference is a loveseat vs a sofa, D1s with connecting doors only have a chair and we had no problem with that.

em

This is my first cruise and I told the TA I wanted a nice balcony, great view and close to the elevator. So this is the cabin I got. I'm glad I ask for one close to the elevators because I do have a bit of a handicap and trouble walking a lot. I want to save it for the excursions! All the people who have answered about the cabin location said I will be happy with this choice. Thanks for any replies

Jeanne

There is really not a noticeable difference between the two rooms themselves. I have not found it to be too much of a walk to the elevators. Maybe 45 seconds to a minute at most (time it). The one thing I think is noticeable especially on a the smaller class ships, is the increased motion toward the front of the ship. It's really not an issue if nobody is prone to seasickness, it will just gently rock you to sleep.

Archived