WII Challange

beaver

We are sailing on the Emerald in Feb.I am sure I read somewhere that as part of the entertainment they have WII (the game) challanges on board. Our group is interested in this. Has anyone seen this or got involved? On the NCL Pearl they had bowling competitions on the WII, which were entertaining to watch

I am also very interested in hearing about this. I can't be sure but I thought they had WII in the Wheelhouse on the Golden last summer... maybe Guitar Hero? and I thought I also saw a family doing soccer earlier that day. Not sure though since I am only vaguely familiar with the game and only walked by, didn't stay to play or watch. Will be on the Crown in a few weeks though and would love to plan on it!

They did have it available but only once or twice for an hour and it was only the bowling & tennis. The times weren't all that convenient for folks so only a few people showed up. I only went to see how the game worked since I had heard about it & wanted to see what it was all about. I suppose if there had been a younger crowd aboard there might have been more interest.

Not sure which ships have Wii but I would assume it's on all of them since there's not that much to do to hook it up.

As said above, I have seen bowling and tennis tournaments both adults only and all ages.

Also, they now have Wii Fit. On the Ruby, they were playing it on the MUTS screen. Everyone queued up and each person got a chance to play whatever game they wanted. It was great to watch "kids" from age 5 to 95 playing! We all sat around and cheered them on.

Not sure which ships have Wii but I would assume it's on all of them since there's not that much to do to hook it up.

As said above, I have seen bowling and tennis tournaments both adults only and all ages.

Also, they now have Wii Fit. On the Ruby, they were playing it on the MUTS screen. Everyone queued up and each person got a chance to play whatever game they wanted. It was great to watch "kids" from age 5 to 95 playing! We all sat around and cheered them on.

That might be embarrassing. When I hooked up my fit for the first time and it weighed me, it made my mii get fatter. :mad: I guess it was telling me to lose weight before the next cruise.

I love my wii and would be thrilled to play at sea...... we play it as a family and it was one of our best investments...

Dont worry Smosh21 my mii got fatter too :rolleyes:. Guess I will just have to keep playing it to make it thin.

Kathy

Anyone happen to remember what was a winning score??? Also, were there any adults playing? I'd feel a bit strange beating the pants off of a a 12 year old :rolleyes:

Angela

Angela,

Have you played WII before? I wouldn't worry the twelve year old will be doing just fine, probably beat the pants of you!:eek::D

My nephews make short work of me and they love it, but so do I:D

Anthony

Just off the 1/4 Crown Princess sailing and they did have the Wii. It was poorly utilized by the passengers though. Several times it was put into the Patter only a handful of people would show up - actually a few times it was just me! Most of it was the hoola hoop competition and with two people (myself and the cruise staff member) it got boring quickly!! :eek:

Got them to change the game around to bowling and then a few people walking by the Wheelhouse Bar saw it and stopped by. I guess it just depends on the type of game being played. :) There was no distinct challenges though until the last day of the cruise when a total of 10 people showed up to play Hoola Hoop and a medal was awarded to the person with the most spins.

NCL does a much better Wii tournament and it seems like the crowd on NCL is more interested in participating. According to the Princess Cruise Staff, they only got it two months ago onboard and most of them don't know how to use it. :cool: Explaining it helped pass the sea day time though and I didn't mind (I'm not a sun god worshiper).

Angela,

Have you played WII before? I wouldn't worry the twelve year old will be doing just fine, probably beat the pants of you!:eek::D

My nephews make short work of me and they love it, but so do I:D

Anthony

Especially if it is Rock Band.

Archived