Don't Let the "Whine" Bother You!

IUcruiser

Just returned from a fabulous week on the Dawn, only one thing wrong with the trip--the whiners! I'll admit, I was in desperate need of unwinding. Definitely stressed out! But after the first day onboard I relaxed, got into laid-back mode and began to RELAX! The one thing I noticed, however, was how soft and bitchy people can be. Anyone who has cruised before knows how it works. You're there to relax, not meet a vacation sightseeing and enjoyment deadline! Nonetheless, as the days progressed, I observed people complaining about things from waiting too long to disembark at ports, to a woman even complaining about a little girl taking too long putting milk on her cereal at the milk dispenser! :confused:My advice to anyone cruising is simple. Relax--- don't put yourself on a deadline, realize that the staff is there to serve you, all you must do is ask, and they will do there best to accomodate you. Just please do so in a courteous manner. I am convinced that you can make your cruise the best or worst vacation depending on your attitude. When you hear someone whining around you, chalk them up as a selfish jerk, but don't let their negativism ruin your cruise. Love every minute of it!:)

The strawberrys are too red , why do the hallways have to be so long ? Does this hotel EVER stop moving. I hate it when the macaroni sticks to the spoon in the buffet.

Whys the sun always have to be so brite. Does there always have to be soooo many kids and old people and short people . Where the hell are the trays . Oh forget it my trip is ruined :mad:

What cracks me up is all the reviews I read and all the food complaints, especially the ones that complain about ALL the food everywhere on the ship.....I am not picky so just about any meal that I do not have to cook or clean the mess is decent.

I am thankful that I am able to take a vacation in these times, alot can't, so remember B4 you complain, just think about how fortunate you are....surely you can find food somewhere on the ship to satisfy yourself....:D

The strawberrys are too red , why do the hallways have to be so long ? Does this hotel EVER stop moving. I hate it when the macaroni sticks to the spoon in the buffet.

Whys the sun always have to be so brite. Does there always have to be soooo many kids and old people and short people . Where the hell are the trays . Oh forget it my trip is ruined :mad:

Fabulous. Thanks!

I am always amazed that when riding in the elevator after stuffing myself, I hear people say how terrible the food is. Too bad some people can not just enjoy themselves. Moan and groan.

Relax, enjoy.

We now sometimes make it a point to start talking about how great the food is and all the fun we are having. I am sure the whiners get off and wonder who the hell those people were and what are they taking.

I am always amazed that when riding in the elevator after stuffing myself, I hear people say how terrible the food is. Too bad some people can not just enjoy themselves. Moan and groan.

Relax, enjoy.

We now sometimes make it a point to start talking about how great the food is and all the fun we are having. I am sure the whiners get off and wonder who the hell those people were and what are they taking.

lmfao, this is a great idea....even if you dont like it pretend you do:D youll give them one more thing to complain about...how strange NCL pasengers are

Relax, enjoy.

love it!!! as I posted on another site...someone is cooking, serving and cleaning What is the fuss about

Have to agree with the whiners on NCL. Unfortunately you find them on every cruiseline. People cruise HAL and whine about the number of people on walkers and riding scooters. Some cruise X and whine about dressing up on formal night. People cruise Princess and whine that that the cruise wasn't more like X or HAL. Etc., etc.

My favorite whines from people who cruise NCL and complain are their comparisons of NCL to McDonald's and K-Mart.

Have eaten many times at McDonald's and have never seen Creme Brule on the menu and have never been served a free cappucino or expresso coffee at any K-Mart.

In fact, I've cruised Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and have never received a free Cappucino or expresso coffee with dinner.:eek:

Dianne

We found that it usually occurred during the meal times, when we were seated in a table of 8 or more.

With the freestyling at NCL, it suits us, as now we dine alone as a couple for every meal!

We see a 7 day cruise, as a 7 day date...:p

LOL!

This is a great thread! I've noticed alot of people use a complaint as an ice breaker for conversation. Almost like they've been exiled to the ship and we are all inmates on board together.

I have a theory on the negative comments on the food. Maybe it doesn't taste good to those that complain cuz they weren't hungry when they ate it. If cruisers are wandering around with full bellies and aren't really hungry and eat just because the clock says it's time - no wonder the food doesn't taste very good to them.

just returned from a fabulous week on the dawn, only one thing wrong with the trip--the whiners! I'll admit, i was in desperate need of unwinding. Definitely stressed out! But after the first day onboard i relaxed, got into laid-back mode and began to relax! the one thing i noticed, however, was how soft and bitchy people can be. Anyone who has cruised before knows how it works. You're there to relax, not meet a vacation sightseeing and enjoyment deadline! Nonetheless, as the days progressed, i observed people complaining about things from waiting too long to disembark at ports, to a woman even complaining about a little girl taking too long putting milk on her cereal at the milk dispenser! :confused:my advice to anyone cruising is simple. Relax--- don't put yourself on a deadline, realize that the staff is there to serve you, all you must do is ask, and they will do there best to accomodate you. Just please do so in a courteous manner. I am convinced that you can make your cruise the best or worst vacation depending on your attitude. When you hear someone whining around you, chalk them up as a selfish jerk, but don't let their negativism ruin your cruise. Love every minute of it!:)

amen

What cracks me up is all the reviews I read and all the food complaints, especially the ones that complain about ALL the food everywhere on the ship.....I am not picky so just about any meal that I do not have to cook or clean the mess is decent.

I am thankful that I am able to take a vacation in these times, alot can't, so remember B4 you complain, just think about how fortunate you are....surely you can find food somewhere on the ship to satisfy yourself....:D

And those who complain often say "I am not a picky eater or I will eat almost anything" sure and you couldn't find any decent food. NOT, I am like you, food is always acceptable if not really good and I love being waited on. Oh, a few things are not great, in fact once in awhile they are bad, but not all meals for 1 week or more.

Nita

I refuse to listen to any whining. I've been known to dismiss a "whiner" with a response of "gee, and our cruise is going perfectly", smile and then walk away.....:D

I love this! I know I'll say it the next time I hear a whiner on a cruise. Thanks for giving me a great come-back line.:)

"I am convinced that you can make your cruise the best or worst vacation depending on your attitude."

I totally agree with the above statement and RUN when I hear fellow cruisers starting to complain. Your cruise is what you make it. Things are going to happen. That's life even on land.

Every crew I have cruised with have always tried to be as accommodating as they could be and when they couldn't they'd get their supervisor.

People on cruises really need to be reminded,

"Hey, you're on a cruise! Enjoy!"

Maybe someone should start a new blog "CruisePraising.com" where you aren't allowed to point out ANY problems on any cruise ship, just all the good stuff.

So...you won't get any warnings of what to watch out for. You won't learn that you can't get "Fast Food" in Blue Lagoon in less than 45 minutes. You won't learn ANYTHING that you need to help you determine if this is the ship for you!

Sure, don't sweat the small stuff. But don't tolerate that big stuff,either!

Maybe someone should start a new blog "CruisePraising.com" where you aren't allowed to point out ANY problems on any cruise ship, just all the good stuff.

So...you won't get any warnings of what to watch out for. You won't learn that you can't get "Fast Food" in Blue Lagoon in less than 45 minutes. You won't learn ANYTHING that you need to help you determine if this is the ship for you!

If you waited for a burger for 45 min. you should have asked the server what was up. I had lunch at the blue lagoon in less than 10m min!:D

I guess you think people are too easy going on NCL here or something??

It is great when people point out issues or what to avoid. Unfortunately, some come here and go way overboard (pun intended) in their issues.

As the last person said, if you waited 45 minutes for a burget at Blue Lagoon, something is wrong. We have done Blue Lagoon many many times and never had a service issue - on Pearl, Jewel or Spirit.

Just returned from a fabulous week on the Dawn, only one thing wrong with the trip--the whiners! I'll admit, I was in desperate need of unwinding. Definitely stressed out! But after the first day onboard I relaxed, got into laid-back mode and began to RELAX! The one thing I noticed, however, was how soft and bitchy people can be. Anyone who has cruised before knows how it works. You're there to relax, not meet a vacation sightseeing and enjoyment deadline! Nonetheless, as the days progressed, I observed people complaining about things from waiting too long to disembark at ports, to a woman even complaining about a little girl taking too long putting milk on her cereal at the milk dispenser! :confused:My advice to anyone cruising is simple. Relax--- don't put yourself on a deadline, realize that the staff is there to serve you, all you must do is ask, and they will do there best to accomodate you. Just please do so in a courteous manner. I am convinced that you can make your cruise the best or worst vacation depending on your attitude. When you hear someone whining around you, chalk them up as a selfish jerk, but don't let their negativism ruin your cruise. Love every minute of it!:)

So true, so true. Even worse, is when the whine results in abusive behavior toward a crewmember. I stand by, wait until it is over, get the crewmember's name, and then write a comment card about how courteously they handled a difficult passenger. They always end up smiling!!

Or maybe "WhineyAss.com" for those who lose quarters in vending machines! LOL:D

Archived