Ft.Lauderdale questions

klstiger

Anyone have a general idea of a cost from the Airport to the Sheraton Yankee Clipper and from the yankee Clipper to the Port? Also, I understand that they have a water taxi stop near the Yankee, any resturant suggestions? 2 adults and 1 4yrold.

Thanks for your assistance!

Anyone have a general idea of a cost from the Airport to the Sheraton Yankee Clipper and from the yankee Clipper to the Port? Also, I understand that they have a water taxi stop near the Yankee, any resturant suggestions? 2 adults and 1 4yrold.

Thanks for your assistance!

We were there last month and RealDeal is correct -- around $15 (that includes tip) each trip. Nice thing about the Yankee Clipper -- you can walk out to the beach, turn right, and walk down to the water passage from Port Everglades (where it enters the ocean). If you arrive 4:30pm -- 6:00pm, you can see the ships leaving port.

We love to walk, so we headed back up 17th street to eat dinner -- this time we ate at Bimini Boatyard (NW of the Renaissance Hotel at the back of the parking lot). It's about a mile and quarter. Loads of restaurants on 17th street. Also, you can take the A1A trolley, or the water taxi, to Las Olas for a great selection of Ft Lauderdale's best restaurants.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The nearest water taxi stop would be by the Bahia Mar. I like Coconuts on the water, which is close by, and also Bimini Boatyard, but I haven't tried the new menu there yet. Both are good restaurants for families. Other family-appropriate restaurants nearby are Oasis which has swings for tables/chairs, and Bubba Gumps. I don't eat there, so I don't know about the food, but they look like fine places for a family. The restaurants further north of there on A1A can get a little wild, before you get to the finer hotels. Downtown Las Olas offers better dining, and almost everywhere is good there. You can get there by water also.

Have a great trip!

We just got back last night from Ft Lauderdale. Stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at the Yankee Clipper. Cost to the hotel from airport was under $15.00 including tips and from hotel to the port was only $12.00 including tip. The water taxi stop is across the street and up towards the Bahia Mar and is located right behind the fire station.

This was our 5th stay at the hotel and it was great. We were fortunate to get room on 11th floor of annex building across street from main hotel. Much nicer rooms and superb views of marina, beach, etc. The water taxi no longer operates on Thursdays but Friday through Sunday stops in front of hotel. If water taxi isnt available, public bus #40 also stops in front of hotel and goes in either direction. We took it up to beach place and also to the Galleria Mall.

we have a cruise 3/22 - arrive morning of cruise at airport - any suggestions on best way to get to the ship?

thanks for any suggestions - our first time in Ft Laud

Airport is very near cruise port. Take a cab for about $12.00.

Are the buses in Ft Laud. safe to ride? Just curious, I would not dream of getting on public trans here in NOLA!!! Other cities, ie Chicago, that is all we road

Well we have ridden them several times up and down the beach area and and over to the Galleria Mall. Lots of tourists use them in this area. I wouldnt ride them here in Little Rock either but they seem to be fine there in Ft Lauderdale. In my previous post I mistakenly said the water taxi doesnt operate on Thursdays anymore and actually meant the Sun Trolley. Sun Trolley is more convenient if it is operating. Price was .50 cents per person but now $1.00. However on Fridays they were free. We used to take the water taxi but prices have more than doubled. Now $13.00 for day pass.

Well we have ridden them several times up and down the beach area and and over to the Galleria Mall. Lots of tourists use them in this area..

Hi We are staying 3 days pre cruise at the Diplomat near Hollywood,

do the buses run from there upto Las Olas and further, I don't really want to hire a car as I will be having a few wines with my lunch/dinner.

Thanks for your help

You can take a bus to get just about anywhere in Ft Lauderdale. The downside is there won't be a direct route, you'll have to take transfers and a thirty minute ride will take you an hour and a half.

Pick up bus 4 in front of the Diplomat, switch to bus 1 at the Broward Central terminal, get off at the Las Olas Blvd stop.

/////

Personally, I would not ride the bus to the Broward Central terminal, especially after dark. I've never heard of anyone being mugged at the terminal itself, but I've heard of too many crimes with weapons around that area, to 3 different people who I know, in the day and at night.

The 40 bus is fine to take from the Galleria, along the beach, to the 17th St. Hotels. It also connects with the 11 bus to go up Las Olas and further up A1A.

• 1 month later...

Bequia YOUARE FANTASTIC. I am following this thread because I will be in FLL on the Freedom in Jan. All of the knowledge you and everyone else has displayed is INVALUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you and I know that the group that I will be traveling with will enjoy FLL very much. KUDOS! :D

Archived