Spa on CB?

terri1020

Typical Lotus Spa design on Caribbean Princess. On Princess.com, under ships - Caribbean Princess - Caribbean Princess Activities - there is a Virtual View photo of the Lotus Spa.

Prices will be higher than many land spas for services but the spa often has 'sales' through the week which will be listed on flyers delivered to your cabin daily. You can do a spa tour upon embarkation and they will give you info on services and prices. I think my 50 minute swedish massage on first sea day was about $125 dollars - it was OK - nothing special. Friends of ours who did a 14 day cruise spent almost $2000 in spa - she had some kind of service each day and raved about them all...

The Lotus Spa is quite lovely and I've seen some great looking hair and nails come out of there. Unfortunately, I've had 7 spa treatments (massage) on 4 different cruise lines and in each case I was disappointed. While the staff are always pleasant and polite, the quality of the massage professionals rates a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. If you go for a massage, be prepared for a heavy duty sales pitch while you're on the table trying to relax.

be prepared for a heavy duty sales pitch while you're on the table trying to relax.

I agree, and while I know to expect some of this at any salon or spa I was recently surprised by the aggressiveness of the Lotus Spa staff (I had a total of 3 treatments with 2 different estheticians). It reminded me of the last time I was buying a car! :eek: The first lady prescribed products worth $600 and the second $400 and pushed these products really heavily, not wanting to take no for an answer. Does anyone know if product sales is a significant part of their compensation - they must be making a commission on the product sales? I prefer to receive great service in a relaxing environment, tip generously and get a free sample so I can make up my mind on my own without all the pressure. If I like the sample I'm likely to come back to buy the product but really dislike being pushed to make the decision right away.

I've searched but can't seem to find any information on the spa on the CB. I am most interested in pictures, reviews, cost and services. Any information would be most appreciated.

Terri

Hi Terri,

Here's a link to spa and fitness prices from the Crown, you'll find the services and fees pretty standand fleetwide.

Princess Spa and Fitness Flyers

Archived