Princess EZ Check

Parrot Mom

Has anybody used the Princess Ezcheck program for luggage? Is the luggage weighed before it's taken? Can you bring another piece home with you? Is it worthwhile? We are going on a two week trip and it would be great not to have to deal with the luggage after going through customs....

We used it last summer and it worked out great. I don't know if they weigh the luggage and take care of any extra charges for bags. Princess will give you forms to fill out and contacts the airline for you and checks you in. You will receive your boarding passes and luggage tags before disembarkation. Just make sure you read all the paperwork you receive during the cruise and don't wait until the last day to fill it out. It's pretty easy and we didn't have any problems.

Has anybody used the Princess Ezcheck program for luggage? Is the luggage weighed before it's taken? Can you bring another piece home with you? Is it worthwhile? We are going on a two week trip and it would be great not to have to deal with the luggage after going through customs....

It WAS great but we were informed the last time we were on the Emerald over Thanksgiving that Princess dc'd the ez check because of the fees the airlines charged for checked bags and the weight issues with bags. It was too difficult to collect the right fee for each airline and no good way to weigh the bag and then get the over weight charge paid. We LOVED the feature and were disappointed to learn of the cancellation. They took your bags from the hallway the night before the cruise's end and you didn't see your bags until you got to your home airport. Too bad-it was great!

Wondering is the US Direct Program in Vancouver still in effect?

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

Interesting question. I know that in Vancouver a lot of people did use that feature. I know I did and it was great. But now that there are fees attached to 2nd bags they may do away with it. Too bad. I guess we will have to wait and see when the 2009 alaska season starts.

Marilyn

Archived