Cheap parking at LGA? And would the long-term pkg lot have space Sat. morning?

sundercruiser

We're on Carnival PRIDE out of Miami April 18 2009. We're in New England and flying down day of the cruise, looks like our best bet is American Airlines out of LaGuardia, leaving 6:00 am and arriving in Miami at 8:50 am.

Question: Cheapest parking? It looks like Long Term parking at the airport is $30/day first 2 days, then $15/day for the rest, would come to $145 for the week. I can't seem to improve significantly on this using, for instance, Avistar or others. Avistar, with coupon, wants to charge $19.50/day, which for 7 days would be almost $140, but they probably would consider it 8 days, which means it comes to close to $160. Any other possibilities for off-site parking to get the price for a week (plus) down below $140?

If the price using Port Authority Long Term parking is close to (or even cheaper) than off-site, I'd think I'd rather just use the airport parking lot. So a second question is: Would this lot be full at 4:00 am on a Saturday morning?

LGA parking, as most parking in NYC is expensive. There is only one long term parking lot at LGA and its off by the marine air terminal. You won't have any trouble parking there on a Saturday Am but you better check when the shuttles run as I don't think they run all night. I use Avistar. They also start your car and clean the snow off. Its worth anything extra they charge....IMO.

Thanks, smeyer. My information is that the Long-Term parking lot is at #3 in the map below:

http://www.citidex.com/map/lga.html?res=800

This looks like it would be pretty walkable -- do you have any idea where the American Airlines terminal would be? I'm assuming it's in the large "hydra-headed" terminal building to the left (west) of the LT Pkg lot?

I feel your pain. I fly out of LGA to MIA, direct flight because I save money on the flight. I have used Dollar Rental for parking, runs around $170 for 8 days. Dollar is right across the street from LGA. Shuttle to and from LGA.

It's ALMOST worth it doing two one-way rentals. If I could get the same rate on LGA to Mass. as I can get on Mass. to LGA, I'd probably do that. But for some reason the rental cost is quite a bit higher when picking up car in LGA versus Mass. (which kind of doesn't make sense since ultimately the car winds up back where it started!).

Does anybody know any codes or promotions for BUDGET rental cars? They offer free pickup (apparently) and so they're the ones I'm thinking of trying.

We're on Carnival PRIDE out of Miami April 18 2009. We're in New England and flying down day of the cruise, looks like our best bet is American Airlines out of LaGuardia, leaving 6:00 am and arriving in Miami at 8:50 am.

Question: Cheapest parking? It looks like Long Term parking at the airport is $30/day first 2 days, then $15/day for the rest, would come to $145 for the week. I can't seem to improve significantly on this using, for instance, Avistar or others. Avistar, with coupon, wants to charge $19.50/day, which for 7 days would be almost $140, but they probably would consider it 8 days, which means it comes to close to $160. Any other possibilities for off-site parking to get the price for a week (plus) down below $140?

If the price using Port Authority Long Term parking is close to (or even cheaper) than off-site, I'd think I'd rather just use the airport parking lot. So a second question is: Would this lot be full at 4:00 am on a Saturday morning?

If you are from New England look at some other airports such as Hartford (Bradley), New Hampshire (Manchester) or Rhode Island (Providence). These airports have relatively inexpensive long term parking, southwest airlines and often have less delays than the NYC airports.

Thanks, smeyer. My information is that the Long-Term parking lot is at #3 in the map below:

http://www.citidex.com/map/lga.html?res=800

This looks like it would be pretty walkable -- do you have any idea where the American Airlines terminal would be? I'm assuming it's in the large "hydra-headed" terminal building to the left (west) of the LT Pkg lot?

Check rates here for LT parking.http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpairparklga.htm

Archived