Wine & Cheese tray

adk0425

I was considering ordering a wine and cheese tray (Cabernet) on our Navigator of the Seas cruise. Anyone order one of these before? Do they serve quality cheeses or store brand? I'll pay the $$ for good quality cheese, but if it is just Kraft, forget about it.

We learned to order the wine from the gift and gear and when the wine is delivered, call room service and order the cheese tray. When we did the wine and cheese tray it was big enough for 6 people and we don't really need that much. I don't remember it being any different than what we get from room service, just a lot larger!

I wouldn't say the cheese is gourmet, but it's not kraft either. There is usually a wedge of brie and blue, and sliced swiss and cheddar and maybe some gouda? If I am remembering correctly.

That's how I remember it also. But here's the thing I don't enjoy...it's sent with Saltine crackers! At least it was until I asked to have dinner rolls sent with it. The cheeses are really quite good...but saltines?!:eek::D

Oh, and by the way, it tastes much better on a balcony!!!:)

That's how I remember it also. But here's the thing I don't enjoy...it's sent with Saltine crackers! At least it was until I asked to have dinner rolls sent with it. The cheeses are really quite good...but saltines?!:eek::D

Oh, and by the way, it tastes much better on a balcony!!!:)

I agree with you about the saltines for any of the cheeses. Dinner rolls sounds right for brie, but the others cry for crackers just not for saltines.

Since we are talking about cheeses, are the selections offered from service more diverse than what you could get from the buffet when it is open?

We also order the cheese plate from room service and bring one of our bottles of wine from the dining room after the first night (wine package)...

We didn't get saltines, but rather club crackers... I like the idea of asking for dinner rolls though...

Even better... we order a fruit plate to go with it...

Archived