drink prices question (again) on Rhapsody

raringtogo

any updates on the question of drink prices on the Rhapsody. In particular i'm interested to know if anyone has pre-ordered the wine deal and do you think it's worth pre-ordering?

thanks

marilyn

Marilyn,

The wine deal is better than ordering a bottle each night. We purchased the middle package for $US 199 - including gratuity for 7 bottles. We found out on the first night that we could not take the leftover to our cabin, and that we could have ordered a 5 bottle package.

There is no need to pre-order before your cruise - they are sold for the same price onboard (outside dining room). I was told by the rep that the packages save over 15% compared to ordering at dinner each night.

hi Arx- thank you so much for your quick reply - that is exactly what we wanted to know.

hope you 'enjoyed' your cruise:) of course, I knew the next one began yesterday- just got lost in time. what did you think overall? anything stand out as good or bad?

hi Arx- thank you so much for your quick reply - that is exactly what we wanted to know.

hope you 'enjoyed' your cruise:) of course, I knew the next one began yesterday- just got lost in time. what did you think overall? anything stand out as good or bad?

Lots of good, very little bad. A few bonus surprises too.

Overall, a wonderful cruise - will start working on a review tonight.

any updates on the question of drink prices on the Rhapsody. In particular i'm interested to know if anyone has pre-ordered the wine deal and do you think it's worth pre-ordering?

thanks

marilyn

There has been so much discussion on the threads on this subject. Our friends recommend these. Maybe you could take a look at what is on offer at all the w's rumrunnerflasksdotcom or email rumrunnerflasksatbigponddotcom

Sorry Geoff to contradict but we were able to take wine including full corked bottles from the dining room to any part of the ship. Each night in our group we would decide which bottles to take with us and how many was needed as between us we had several packages. I don't drink wine but everyone would just let our waiter know which and how many and sign the card and take with us. As we generally headed to the schooner bar our good friend Michael would then open them for us and everyone was happy. You can only collect them from the dining room and your waiter but was never an issue to take full bottles paid for in packages already. Some nights two or three bottles would be taken with us for consumption later that evening. Wine drinkers found it was the best deal and agreed they would go the highest package next time as they were able to have two or three bottles a night (generally groups of two or three shared a package but only the person who charged it could sign them out on the card).

To clarify once the wine is purchased and your waiter has your card you can take opened or unopened bottles with you to anywhere on the ship they just must be picked up from your dinner waiter sorry you were given a raw deal. Never had a problem at all.

For some the wine package didn't even last the seven evenings and then they knew which were the favourites and just ordered them. We had a great waiter/eress "Josephine" who could never do enough to answer any request and according to Michael many people did the same thing as afterall it was paid for already. He didn't mind because he knew plenty of the group were still buying drinks before and after dinner from him and he did well tip wise from our group anyway. In fact we are catching up with Michael and Jo in a couple of months when they have a few nights in Sydney.

Archived