Major price drop!

tulips*n*truffles

I don't know who else will get this, but last night I looked at at roundtrip Seattle Inside Passage on June 13 or June 14 on Star or Golden. Price for a balcony was $1399. Tonight, that same balcony is less than $850!! We've opted for a different itinerary, but hopefully that's good news to someone!!

Natalie

We're on the Pacific Princess to Alaska in May -- $400.00 pp price drop since yesterday! (We are past passengers, which might make a difference.) And last week we got upgraded from a BF balcony GTY to a BB Balcony! Add the $800.00 difference for the upgrade and that's $1200.00 savings each! I wish I could make $2400.00 every week!!!

Go check it out -- and be persistent. The booking agent at Princess didn't have the price on his computer yet but after about an hour of sweet-talking and being on hold while he talked to his "Help Desk" we got 'er done...

Happy sailing!

Where did you find this price drop? We are sailing on the CB Princess on May 24 out of NYC. We have freinds and realatives who would join us if the price went down. I just checked Princess' website and the price of our cruise remains the same.

Thanks, Terri

Where did you find this price drop? We are sailing on the CB Princess on May 24 out of NYC. We have freinds and realatives who would join us if the price went down. I just checked Princess' website and the price of our cruise remains the same.

Thanks, Terri

Some of the price changes are accessible only to people who have cruised on Princess previously.

Over a week ago, Princess e-mailed a special Alaska 2 for 1 promotion to selected people both for cruise only R/T Seattle(some past passengers only) and the new 11/12 night cruise tours(prospects only). Only those people whose name was on the e-mail could get the discount. It was not eligible for "spread the wealth", meaning other cabins traveling with the person who got the e-mail could not get the discount. Some people who only had one cruise got the cruise only promotion while some of those with 20 sailings did not. In the case of the cruise tours, past passengers did not receive any of the e-mails, only prospects.

The promotion caused such a uproar from travel agents and others, the phone lines to Princess have been jamed since. Several days ago, travel agents began to find some ways around the limititations and were able to book some clients who did not get the e-mails. Further, Princess began to grant "spread the wealth" bookings on an individual basis, but only after travel agents requested the denial of each case be escalated to Guest Relations.

Sometime after noon yesterday(EST), 9 AM Princess corporate office time, Princess relented and seems to have made both promos now available to all past passengers.

"In the case of the cruise tours, past passengers did not receive any of the e-mails, only prospects."

Not true! I got and booked with the 2-for-1 offer, and about a week later, also got the one for the cruisetours too. Still have not decided if I want to switch to the cruisetour instead of the r/t Seattle I booked.

And Ijust got another one from Princess yesterday for the Caribbean, with good prices, BUT they sail from San Juan, and I don't want to have to fly there to board. So that's a no-go for me.

I have cruised with Princess 7 times, and had the 8th one booked before adding the Alaska cruise. Not sure what triggers special offers like these. I've never received one before.

We are on the Golden Princess sailing to Alaska and the balcony price is the same at $1399.00 pp. I haven't received an email from Princess or a call from our TA regarding the big price drop to $850pp for a balcony and we are past passengers. Where did you find this rate?

Just signed into my Princess and I see the balconies on June 13 and 14 Seattle roundtrip as 1399.00. I get tons of emails from Princess but never received the special 2 for 1 Alaska one.

I have been on 4 Princess cruises and I am scheduled for another soon. I do not know how they decide who gets these rates.

What are the insides going for on those cruises with the balcony mark downs?

There are huge price drops on several European cruises, too. My BA balcony cabins for the British Isles cruise (7-19-09) are half what they were when I originally booked in March. As Spongerob said, some of these price drops are ony accesible if you are a past passenger. I didn't get any email. I just found it on www.princess.com and had my TA re-price it. It took my TA several attempts (over two days) to get the new price to "appear" on her computer but it finally worked.:D

--Junglejane

We are on the Golden Princess sailing to Alaska and the balcony price is the same at $1399.00 pp. I haven't received an email from Princess or a call from our TA regarding the big price drop to $850pp for a balcony and we are past passengers. Where did you find this rate?

Call your travel agent and have them investigate it. It may take some super extra effort on his/her part to get and they maybe cannot get it.

I am an agent and I spent over 4 hours on the phone, including hold time, over the last week just to get the deal for one client.

Just signed into my Princess and I see the balconies on June 13 and 14 Seattle roundtrip as 1399.00. I get tons of emails from Princess but never received the special 2 for 1 Alaska one.

I have been on 4 Princess cruises and I am scheduled for another soon. I do not know how they decide who gets these rates.

What are the insides going for on those cruises with the balcony mark downs?

Insides are going for $464 on Star, $489 on Golden. Now that's a great deal.

"In the case of the cruise tours, past passengers did not receive any of the e-mails, only prospects."

Not true! I got and booked with the 2-for-1 offer, and about a week later, also got the one for the cruisetours too. Still have not decided if I want to switch to the cruisetour instead of the r/t Seattle I booked.

And Ijust got another one from Princess yesterday for the Caribbean, with good prices, BUT they sail from San Juan, and I don't want to have to fly there to board. So that's a no-go for me.

I have cruised with Princess 7 times, and had the 8th one booked before adding the Alaska cruise. Not sure what triggers special offers like these. I've never received one before.

I stand corrected. I am an agent and what I said is what we could find out so far both from our clients and Princess.

I do not know how they decide who gets these rates.

Who got the e-mails was done totally randomly by Princess. Those the complaint that someone that sailed with Princess once got it and someone sailing 10 times did not and some who never sailed got it.

In addition to the "Balcony Bonanza" promotion new Captain's Circle member promotions came out the beginning of the week. These new rates are truly half what they were for Europe and Alaska on the large Princess ships. There are more modest reductions on the small ships with regard to balcony pricing but outside cabin (no balcony) pricing has been greatly reduced on some of the small ship itineraries. Your Captain's Circle number MUST be attached to your booking to get these rates. Gail

Thanks, Terri

You probably won't see this on the CB cruises out of NY through the summer as they sell out quickly.

The OP mentioned the Alaska cruise on the price drop.

I agree, I'm a past passenger, and I got both emails as well.

The alaska 2 for 1 on cruise tours and cruises are pretty much the same as any other promotion that is emailed or sent, they are available in sometimes one, two or" both" forms....."prospective" and "past " passenger.......as others have indicated, they are not necessarily sent to all prospective or past passengers, as far as "random", I don't know, but "targeted" tends to be the descriptive word, ie, not all past or prospective guests will receive the opportunity to book under that promotion. As far as "exceptions" to the rule, I'm sure there are but don't know the circumstances.

While the Europe cruises show some amazing discounts, the cruisetour fares haven't reflected that decrease. We are booked in an AE mini and the AA significantly less for the cruise only than the AE at this point. I keep hoping......

Sue

Prices on the Star in September are below that we got quoted at 390 inside 699 balcony for a 7 night r/t out of seattle.

Where do you see these rates, I booked yesterday and did not get them, and just check princess (signed in and did not get them), would love to save $$ so I could spend more on the excursions that I want to do

I have not seen any deals or reduced prices on Princess cruises that I have been checking for Alaska and Europe. Actually, I have seen prices increase. I get no difference in price when checking the price not signed in or signed in as a past cruiser. I have not received an E-mail from Princess since November 2008. I have E-mail checked in my profile. The couple that we normally travel with has received two fantastic Caribbean E-mail offers since January 1. He did not receive the two for one though. I did receive a mailing of two for one European cruises but the price was two for one on the full brochure price which was not really any kind of a deal.

We have been looking at a 28 day back to back Baltic and Trans-Atlantic on the Emerald. The online travel agent that I normally use beats the Princess fare by $1,700 for the two of us and the prices have been steadily rising.

Princess is geting a lot of people upset with there chaotic special pricing schemes. Princess has to know that these fabulous deals get posted here on CC and people start to wonder how the selection process functions and why they did not get the offer.

I can truthfully say, that I would be upset if I paid double what another couple paid for the same cruise. I know there has always been different pricing strutures available depending on when and with whom you booked your cruise. But this latest batch or pricing is beginning to aggravate a lot of people.

I am starting to look at other lines as being a loyal Princess customer does not seem to mean much anymore.:(

Archived