Possible to swap rooms after boarding?

TucsonDeb

I have a party of four for my 5-day Inspiration cruise starting this Saturday. About a month ago, one of the parties had to drop out. I got a replacement, but the replacement doesn't get along well with the roomie of the original guest who dropped out.

I asked my PVP if the replacement and I could swap cabins (they're across the hall from each other). He said no, but I'm not sure how "set" that is. I had to ask him three times before he answered my email, which was weird because last cruise he couldn't do enough for me. I kinda got the feeling he was blowing me off.

Once we're on board, is there any way the purser can "code" our S&S cards to go to the cabins we want? My alternative -- hunt down whomever has a key to our room at the time we want to enter it -- is less than ideal, but more ideal than listening to "X" b***h about "Y" the entire trip and afterward.

I have a party of four for my 5-day Inspiration cruise starting this Saturday. About a month ago, one of the parties had to drop out. I got a replacement, but the replacement doesn't get along well with the roomie of the original guest who dropped out.

I asked my PVP if the replacement and I could swap cabins (they're across the hall from each other). He said no, but I'm not sure how "set" that is. I had to ask him three times before he answered my email, which was weird because last cruise he couldn't do enough for me. I kinda got the feeling he was blowing me off.

Once we're on board, is there any way the purser can "code" our S&S cards to go to the cabins we want? My alternative -- hunt down whomever has a key to our room at the time we want to enter it -- is less than ideal, but more ideal than listening to "X" b***h about "Y" the entire trip and afterward.

If you swapped now, you'd have to pay $50 per pax change fee. You can swap for free once you're on board by stopping by the pursor's desk. ;)

I have never done it, but there are lots of posts about people that mix up people in rooms as far as their kids go, so I don't see why they wouldn't let you, best thing to do is wait till your onboard and then go directly to the pursers desk.

Happy Cruising, Carole

If you swapped now, you'd have to pay $50 per pax change fee. You can swap for free once you're on board by stopping by the pursor's desk. ;)

Just ask for an extra key to each cabin, dont officially change cabins on board. Your S&S card is connected to each person, doesnt matter where you sleep. If you get an extra key card for each cabin problem solved.

Genius!!!!! If I can't do the actual swap, I'll definitely get an extra card for each room (we just have to make sure we use the right one when buying drinks!).

Thanks everyone! Man, I love this board! :cool:

Genius!!!!! If I can't do the actual swap, I'll definitely get an extra card for each room (we just have to make sure we use the right one when buying drinks!).

Thanks everyone! Man, I love this board! :cool:

lol no worries as the other card will look different, not work to buy drinks, it will only work on the door, nothing else. You will just have to carry two cards with you instead of one.

It's just as easy (and done every day) to visit the Purser and switch occupants of the rooms and theie S&S cards/room keys. ken

We had 2 couples in our group that wanted to switch cabins once we were onboard, and they simply went to the purser's deck in the lobby and everything was switched in 5 mins., including new S&S cards. It may be a good idea to have it on official record who's actually staying in each cabin.

Have a great cruise!

Archived