Gold Seapass Card?

Wayniac

We had a JS on Monarch last week and our Seapass cards were silver with the words "Junior Suite" along the top. Another person in our party in an inside cabin had the normal white Seapass card.

I wondered why I had a gold one. I was in a JS for my first cruise and it was gold. I thought that they just changed the seapass card. That is an interesting tidbit of information to know.

last week when I was on Indy. I soaw someone with a Gold card and asked and it was for Suite Guests.

really a good idea so that crew members at bars and other locations can id pax as suite guests

All passengers should recieve the same gold anchor service regardless of their stateroom accomodations so they shouldn't need a special card to indentify special guests when all their guests should get superior service.

All passengers should recieve the same gold anchor service regardless of their stateroom accomodations so they shouldn't need a special card to indentify special guests when all their guests should get superior service.

From the cruise lines perspective those who pay the most for their staterooms should be acknowledged in some way. Once again, Royal is not the first cruise line to start doing this.

I understand that the gold ones have SUITE written in large letters. JS are silver with JR SUITE written in large letters. This information from my DW, who is presently on the Mariner in an OS, and her parents are in a JS.:)

Rick

We did a b2b on different ships in mid-December and had silver for the JS and gold for GS. When we did the first leg from Ft Lauderdale on Dec 11th we were told it was the first day of the color system.

The port doesn't benefit by how much someone pays for their cruise. Therefore it doesn't make any difference how they treat the passengers in various stateroom categories. The cruise line does. The cruise lines know it's the passengers who book the suites that butter their bread (so to speak). If I'm in a inside stateroom do I expect to get the same perks as the guy down the hall in the Royal Suite? Of course not.

From the cruise lines perspective those who pay the most for their staterooms should be acknowledged in some way. Once again, Royal is not the first cruise line to start doing this.

Tony.......the only thing that surprises me is the wording on the card. The color of the card should be good enough...........the large lettering of SUITE is a little much IMHO!!:D

Rick

.really a good idea so that crew members at bars and other locations can id pax as suite guests

I disagree but it seems to be another sign of growing "elitism" among cruisers. What originally attracted me to cruising was the knowledge that once I was outside of my stateroom I was treated just as royally whether my stateroom were an inside cabin on the lowest deck or the Royal Suite. Any perks and amenities that accrued to me for booking a suite were provided in the suite and not in the shops, lounges (aside from the CL)or elsewhere on the ship. :(

I don't care what color mine starts out as. Judging by the average size of our seapass bill at the end of the cruise, it is a safe bet that by day 7, my seapass card is a smouldering, melted mass of plastic from heavy use during the cruise. ;)

Eric

If I'm in a inside stateroom do I expect to get the same perks as the guy down the hall in the Royal Suite? Of course not.

Sorry, Anthony, I agree that if I am in an inside stateroom I don't expect the same perks (in that stateroom) that the guy down the hall in the Royal Suite gets, but when I am outside that room I expect to be treated with the same respect and receive the same excellent service. That is how it has always been and I regret this trend towards doing otherwise. It seems to me that the concierge lounge access is sufficient recognition and reward for those suite guests, but in the greater scheme of things the guests who are in those non-suite staterooms probably generate more total revenue per cruise than the few who book and pay for suites. :)