Easter Bunny?

Amanda Holden

We are taking the NCL Majesty over Easter and I was wondering how you guys handle Holidays while on the Ship? It will be kind of hard to hide a large Easter Basket between home and the ship, so I was wondering if you could give me some other options. Our Son is only 2 so he really isn't going to know one way or the other this year, but we are traveling with some friends and their kids are old enough to know the Easter Bunny was supposed to visit.

Thanks!

Why not substitute the basket for something else, like a small backpack or canvas bag they could use while on the cruise and fill it up w/ Easter goodies? Just explain that it's hard for the Easter Bunny to get on the ship with baskets so he does it differently when you are on a cruise.

I would also assign a couple of people with infants/ no kids to keep all the goodies in their cabin so they are safe and sound.

Check with the cruise line. On Celebrity, the Easter Bunny was onboard and there was an Easter egg hunt. On Royal Caribbean we embarked on Easter Sunday and they didn't do anything.

For the other parents, have the Easter bunny deliver the basket before they kids leave with a note from the Easter bunny explaining why it was coming early. Fill it with goggles, toys for the plane and some snacks for the plane- like fruit chews, granola bars and goldfish. Take it from me- your whole family will be glad to have some snacks on hand if there are any snaffoos with the airlines.

When my DD (now 13) was younger the Easter Bunny understood she was on vacation (WDW, mountains, beach) but still left her basket by the front door. I made sure the person placing our mail in the house knew not to trip over it ;). DD received a nice note with a small chocolate bar explaining her basket was at home. This also gave her something to look forward to on the often sad trip home.

I cruised over Easter a couple of years ago - I found chinese food - style containers decorated for Easter at a party supply store and brought these along with a bag of candy in my suitcase. The containers folded flat - worked like a charm! We were on Carnival - kids also got a special Easter cookie left by the room steward that night.

I haven't cruised over Easter, but if we did I'd probably have the E.Bunny come before we left on the trip, after sending him a special letter so he 'knows' you'll be gone. Then I'd probably bring one small treat bag (you can find Easter themed bags around the holiday) with a few special candies to take on the cruise. It's a great idea to have some things they can use on the cruise in their Easter baskets.

Alternately, if I thought they would be patient enough to wait, I'd have the bunny arrive after you got home. I wouldn't want to drag a big bunch of stuff along on the cruise.

With really little kids, they don't know when Easter is anyway; with older kids, theyare more able to be a little flexible.

I bring plastic easter eggs - either already filled or so it myself. They are strategically placed around the room for "the hunt" and oops, I left them on the ship when we leave, but take some of the contents. I usually fill them with good stuff that they would snack on normally. For the older ones, they will find easter eggs on their pillows. Last year, we had a hunt from my DD's room down the hall to our room. My GS thought it was fascinating.

Archived