Vancouver: One nite post cruise

Need advice on a Hilton in Vancouver. Which Hilton would be better, airport or Metrotown after cruise from SF? I want to see the sights of Vancouver on a Saturday after docking and then get to airport on Sunday afternoon.

Hoping to use the Skylink to get around so I'm looking for the best location Hilton (free stays for us).

TIA Vancouver experts!

neither of those would be handy to downtown Vancouver other than you could use sky train to return downtown as the above poster says. Getting to the airport from Metro Hilton is a fair distance and obviously not as handy as the other hotel.

If it was me the reason for staying at a Hilton would have to be pretty good to outweigh the other stuff.

If you have a free stay at a Hilton would it also apply to the Hampton Suites which are part of the same corporate group - I ask this because there is a Hampton Inn in downtown Vancouver - there are plans for a Hilton next door but the work hasn't started yet.

Cheers

Dennis

Need advice on a Hilton in Vancouver. Which Hilton would be better, airport or Metrotown after cruise from SF? I want to see the sights of Vancouver on a Saturday after docking and then get to airport on Sunday afternoon.

Hoping to use the Skylink to get around so I'm looking for the best location Hilton (free stays for us).

Metrotown;

Canada Place Downtown (Waterfront Station) to Metrotown on Skytrain is 15 minutes, and $3.75 (2.50 weekends). I ride Skytrain every day to work, it's fast and efficient.

If you have a free stay at a Hilton would it also apply to the Hampton Suites which are part of the same corporate group - I ask this because there is a Hampton Inn in downtown Vancouver - there are plans for a Hilton next door but the work hasn't started yet.

Cheers

Dennis

Yes it would, Dennis and thanks for the excellent suggestion. What is the best way to the airport from downtown?

I'm going to assume that you are cruising in 2009 and not 2010 - yes people are booking that far in advance - the Airporter bus would be your best bet - it's something like $15.00 per person - drop off at most downtown hotels - public transit is also available but if you have a lot of luggage it is isn't to convenient.

http://yvrairporter.com/

I mentioned 2010 because our new rapid transit line to the airport comes into service late this year in which case you will be downtown in about 30 minutes.

Cheers

Dennis

I'm going to assume that you are cruising in 2009 and not 2010 - yes people are booking that far in advance - the Airporter bus would be your best bet - it's something like $15.00 per person - drop off at most downtown hotels - public transit is also available but if you have a lot of luggage it is isn't to convenient.

http://yvrairporter.com/

I mentioned 2010 because our new rapid transit line to the airport comes into service late this year in which case you will be downtown in about 30 minutes.

Cheers

Dennis

Two or more people definately better to take a taxi than the airporter. Almost (within a cpl of dollars) the same price and much more convenient, faster etc.

Vancouverpacific - welcome to the cruise critic boards - another local to offer advise is always appreciated especially when either Putterdude or myself are away traveling which seems to be quite frequently.

Welcome aboard

Cheers

Dennis

Archived