what hotel to book in rome

Here's a recent thread asking the same question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=896940&highlight=rome+hotel

Also, if you do a search of "Rome Hotels", a number of other threads will show up with lots of good suggestions.

We stayed at Residenza Canali and really enjoyed the location (just a couple of minutes walk from Piazza Navona) http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d488889-Reviews-Residenza_Canali_ai_Coronari-Rome_Lazio.html

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hotel Hiberia from a recommendation here on CC. We researched tons of areas and hotels and we were so happy with this choice. We booked a triple and I would recommend them and can't wait to stay there again. Our room was quite big and had such a cute terrace. I recommend the superior room.

It is a 3* and the location was fantastic. Walking distance to absolutely everything. We even walked back from the Vatican one evening but we were tired. Very close to all evening strolls, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, Piazza Venezia. It is located right between the Presidential Palace (on the same street about 4 bldgs up) and the Via Natzionale (sp?)

Rome is so fantastic.

I'll put a plug in for Hotel Italia Roma. We're staying there in April, pre-cruise, and it receives glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, which was a hugely helpful site when I was perusing hotels. We wanted close to Termini and didn't want to spend a fortune.

Debbie

How about the Hotel Lancelot? A small family run hotel located just behind the Colisseum. Staff are incredibly helpful, nice rooms and cheap internet. There is a bountiful breakfast buffet and for approx E25pp you can book a set menu evening meal in the hotel which has wine and coffee included in the price.

Lots of local pizzerias and trattorias within a 5 min walk from the hotel. Wine shop and supermarket close by as is the Colisseum stop for the Hoho bus.

I'd highly recommend the Lancelot as we enjoyed our pre and post cruise stays there last year.

Susan

We stayed at Palazzetto degli Artisti Suites for 2 days post cruise. It is comprised of 13 all suite rooms. Great location, could view the Colliseum from our room, could walk anywhere. Definitely would stay there again when we return. The staff was great and very helpful. All rooms had fridge, microwave, washer/dryer combo machine. Very modern decor.

Archived