Freedom Questions

Bakeman

We just sailed on it in November (8 days to Panama).

We had a great time. I don't particularly like going out of Fort Lauderdale...but that is nothing against the ship itself.

Food was good....Entertainment Staff was wonderful. We had a blast!!

We loved the Freedom, and I would sail her again if given the opportunity. We just used Ft. Lauderdale when we sailed Miracle 3 weeks ago, and had no problems - but we went cruised on a Tuesday, and returned on a Wednesday, when there were very few (2 others) ships in port. We flew into FLL on a Saturday, and saw a minimum of 9 ships there! So I can definitely see why/how Ft. Lauderdale can be a pain to go in/out of!

If "Ticket to Ride" is still one of the shows, go see it. It is great! Try to go to the piano bar - it is usually a lot of fun. If an early riser, go watch CCN on the big screen on Lido in the morning - get one of the blue "rocking chairs" , have a cup of coffee/tea, and enjoy the relative quiet. The crew of the Freedom was very nice. Don't miss the chocolate buffet - usually the last sea day. Otherwise, enjoy every minute of your cruise - that is the best tip I can give you!

We're doing the Freedom's southern itinerary this coming November. Can't wait! I love the Conquest class ships! We flew in and sailed on the Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale last October and had no problems at either the cruise terminal or the airport. Well, there was a slight problem, in that the Miracle was on its way from NYC to be repositioned at FLL, and bad weather delayed its arrival by a few hours. However, I thought the staff at the cruise terminal handled the problem well. We liked FLL well enough that I booked the Freedom partly because it sails from there.

Have you joined your cruise's roll call?

Just curious, I am not seeing a whole lot of people talking about the Freedom. Is there something wrong with this ship or just that not alot of people have cruised on it, since it just came from the Med in the fall?

Bakeman,

We sailed her last April and had a great time. She's a fine ship with first rate crew. Our sailing was through rough seas the first few days and she held up well.

On the six night Caribbean cruise on the Freedom, is the chocolate buffet still on the last sea day? Also what night is the deck party on the six night cruise? Do they serve any food? What things are going on at the deck party?

Thanks

On the six night Caribbean cruise on the Freedom, is the chocolate buffet still on the last sea day? Also what night is the deck party on the six night cruise? Do they serve any food? What things are going on at the deck party?

Thanks

I did the 6 day, Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios cruise & deck party was Grand Cayman night with a mexican buffet.

To the OP: Freedom is a beautiful ship. Nice, new & clean. I loved it & would like to cruise on it again. One of my favorite ships. :D

We were on the Freedom last November and loved it so much we are booked for a 8 day familiy cruise next month. We are not so happy about sailing out of Fort Lauderdale again which can be any where from easy to a total mess. We are platinum with CCL so we know the drill and this port was by far biggest screwed up mess we have ever seen. To be fair we have also seen everything go perfect here as well.

Have you joined your cruise's roll call?

No, i havent, because we just booked this week, but looking at that roll call there is nothing for my cruise, unless i am looking in the wrong spot.

To all thanks for the info.

I am actually about halfway through reading it right now, and am so ready to go.

You really will love this ship! :)

Before we left, we read some reviews and were a little concerned because alot of the reviews were, well, not so good....

We were determined to have the time of our lives and we didn't have to work too hard to do that!

Archived