Crown & Anchor + stockholder qustion

wl2cruise

I will be diamond soon, i split my cruises between balconys and inside rooms, I only have 60 shares of rci with the recent price of shares i believe now would be a perfect time to pick up another 40 shares,with the recent policy changes is it worth having the 100 shares?

Well, that depends. If you are in a balcony cabin, the discount will be equal to or greater than the shareholder credit (you cannot combine them anymore). If you are in an inside, then the credit will come in handy.

We almost always book a balcony or higher, so the stock is worthless to us for sailings on RCI. But for Celebrity or Azamara, which offer no balcony discounts, it's still worth something.

Well, that depends. If you are in a balcony cabin, the discount will be equal to or greater than the shareholder credit (you cannot combine them anymore). If you are in an inside, then the credit will come in handy.

We almost always book a balcony or higher, so the stock is worthless to us for sailings on RCI. But for Celebrity or Azamara, which offer no balcony discounts, it's still worth something.

Actually, the shareholder credit and C&A balcony discounts ARE combinable. There was a post a few weeks ago. I don't know how to link it, but I've copied it here:

"Today (12/19/08) I received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I understand how things will be after December 31, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

I see a war brewing between Investor Relations and C&A...........since IR is giving us two benefits and C&A is only allowing us one!!:( "

This was posted by long time RCCL cruisers and Cruise Critic members.

Actually, the shareholder credit and C&A balcony discounts ARE combinable. There was a post a few weeks ago. I don't know how to link it, but I've copied it here:

"Today (12/19/08) I received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I understand how things will be after December 31, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

I see a war brewing between Investor Relations and C&A...........since IR is giving us two benefits and C&A is only allowing us one!!:( "

This is misinformation. As of 01/01/09 benefits ar NOT Combinable.

Non combining unfortunately is so true. I just got off of the phone with C&A & they had to check to make sure that my 300.00 diamond balcony discount was staying because of a price drop & I am receiving my OBC due to my shareholder benefits. I protested because this booking was placed 7/08 & it is the same reservation number. The C&A rep checked with her supervisor to make sure that before she gave me the senior discount that I would not loose my diamond discount. She wanted to make sure so it seems they are double checking. Let us all hope that soon they make changes to benefit us like Carnival corp did last year.

If you read the complete post, you will see that others have had later emails, stating that the benefits are not combinable. This was also confirmed by the op of that post

The stock dropped below $10 a share today on Analysts sell recommendations. Chances are the stock will continue to drop over the next year or two. Both Royal and Carnival are building new ships thereby increasing greatly their capital expenditures and even worse, increasing the number of rooms that can be booked.

The investment risk is not worth the $100 OBC that you will be receiving.

Archived