Celebrity Summit March 09

donh1

Several questions.

1) With an 11:00 pm departure when do they do the lifeboat drill.

2) Where exactly is the Panamerico Pier. How far is it from OLD San Juan .... also the Airport

3) Is there somewhere near the pier where we can buy some wine and soft drinks.

4) Been to Dominica twice and there is two very different locations where the ships dock. We much prefer the location right in downtown Roseau. Please tell me this ship docks downtown rather than at the cargo pier about a mile away.

Looking forward to this cruise.... Sorry if some of the questions are repeats but I didn't find the answers buried in the mountains of threads for Celebrity.....

Don,

We were on the Summit last spring (and will be on the March 7 sailing, is that yours?) Here's how it worked on our sailing last year:

1) With an 11:00 pm departure when do they do the lifeboat drill.

Lifeboat drill was very late, after dinner and just before sailing. Around 10:30, I think.

2) Where exactly is the Panamerico Pier. How far is it from OLD San Juan .... also the Airport

Although I can't tell you exactly where the Pan American Pier is, I can say that it is nowhere near OLD San Juan. It is about the same distance from the airport, I would estimate 20-25 minutes by taxi.

3) Is there somewhere near the pier where we can buy some wine and soft drinks.

There was a store in the terminal building that sells liquor, water and soft drinks. They were offering a wine tasting of a local wine which was not bad.

4) Been to Dominica twice and there is two very different locations where the ships dock. We much prefer the location right in downtown Roseau. Please tell me this ship docks downtown rather than at the cargo pier about a mile away.

Last March, we were docked right downtown. Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours met us right across the street from the ship. (Great tours, highly recommended!)

I hope you enjoy the Summit as much as we did!!

Archived