Need RC help...

CVL105

I am trying to book a RC cruise for my honeymoon and RC can't find me as a past cruiser with them. I was only on one RC cruise in the past, July 2002, in Alaska.

1) Does anyone know what ship was in Alaska July 2002? I thought it was Adventure of the Seas...but maybe I'm wrong.

2) I didn't have to sign up for anything to get into the "past cruiser" directory did I? I was only 19 at the time and went on a family cruise, so my mom did all the booking. I am gonna ask her if she still has the information, but I'm not hopeful.

Any ideas what I can do to help them find me????

Adventure of the Seas has never sailed to Alaska.

You do have to sign up for Crown & Anchor. Membership isn't automatic. But usually they can locate you in the system if you call the number for Crown & Anchor Society. (800) 526-9723

I am trying to book a RC cruise for my honeymoon and RC can't find me as a past cruiser with them. I was only on one RC cruise in the past, July 2002, in Alaska.

1) Does anyone know what ship was in Alaska July 2002? I thought it was Adventure of the Seas...but maybe I'm wrong.

2) I didn't have to sign up for anything to get into the "past cruiser" directory did I? I was only 19 at the time and went on a family cruise, so my mom did all the booking. I am gonna ask her if she still has the information, but I'm not hopeful.

Any ideas what I can do to help them find me????

Definitely wasn't the Adventure.

Could have been the Radiance.

Was the ship new?

No, none of the Voyager class has ever been to Alaska. In fact none have ever been to the West Coast. When Mariner reaches LA in February it will be the first time one has been to the West Coast.

Freedom of the Seas maybe? I'm looking at the website now at the different ships...that sounds familiar.

Nope definitely NOT Freedom of the Seas. That one hadn't even been imagined yet in 2002.

Most likely it was Radiance of the Seas if it had a mini golf course.

Just did a google search, RCCL had 3 ships in Alaska in 2002. Radiance of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, and Vision of the Seas. Only Radiance has a mini-golf course so that was probably the ship you sailed.

Just did a google search, RCCL had 3 ships in Alaska in 2002. Radiance of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, and Vision of the Seas. Only Radiance has a mini-golf course so that was probably the ship you sailed.

I love your Mustard icon Wrona...it cracked me up when I saw it...:D

Having been on one cruise doesn't give much benefit to you but you should get it on record for your future cruises. After 5 you become platinum I think. As a Crown and Anchor cruiser with one cruise on record you will receive a coupon booklet but with limited discounts and then maybe a welcome back party with free champagne. I wouldn't stress out about getting the name of the ship and just book what you like for your honeymoon and if you get info from your mom just call RCCL back with info and they will add it to your booking. There's too much other stuff to stress about when planning a wedding and honeymoon to worry about this. Sit back and dream about your honeymoon and enjoy.

I can tell you my experience with Princess. I went on a cruise in 1990 under my maiden name booked by my mother in law, and didn't go again until 2007. They couldn't find me in the system the first 2 times that I and my travel agent called. But then they found me on another try. So call back and maybe you'll get a good problem solver on the phone. Good luck. :)

Oh no worries, I'm not stressing! haha We already booked the cruise and if they find me, they find me, if not, oh well!

It would be nice for a buy one get one free drink coupon though. We're splurging on our honeymoon, so any savings would be great!

Thanks for all the tips and help! :)

Archived