Boatswain's Beach Adventure Marine Park

stlrboo

I was considering staying on the ship this coming June, as we have done Stingray City twice, as well as exploring the island...:)

DW saw this excursion and thought it would be of interest to her, as well as our 18 y/o DS... (Note: This is a Carnival excursion)!:(

My choice would have been a trip to Sea Grape Beach (on our own), but am considering this excursion due to the feedback from the wife....;)

Anyone do this excursion and have any positive or negative feedback on same...??:p Many thanks....

The turtle farm is just that, a turtle farm. Great if you have small children! Very expensive and can get a bit boring. If your looking for something new and interesting check out Discovery Cove. It is a dolphin experience in West Bay. The grounds are absolutely beautiful located in a natural lagoon in the North Sound. Its very easy to make a day of it by adding a lunch at the Calypso Grill which is a three minute walk. It has something for everyone and the freshest seafood on Island with great outdoor seating on the North Sound.

Happy Sailing:)

CCL is 'advertising' a tour that includes transportation to Boatswain's, as well as the swim 'next' to the sharks, the Butterly Farm, Turtle Farm, as well as a beach experience including shopping, restaurant etc...:)

Hoping someone has experienced it, or is planning to prior to our sailing in June! We certainly don't want to be 'bored', as has been stated, but the 'new' tour sounds interesting..:p Anyone...??

I may be wrong but I believe at Boatswains they have the butterfly pavillion, shopping, etc. onsite. It sounds like it is just an excursion to this place and back.

I've been considering it also. My DH and I and DD (22mos) along with his parents and my mother are cruising together and we want to all stick together in ports.

Our options are limited due to age and physical limitations of our parents and daughter. We had wanted to do the submarine as we did the semi-sub last year but our dau is not 4yrs. That leaves either Boatswains or semi sub again.

Hope someone who has been there recently can give some insight to this place on if two 70ish adults and a 22mos old and 3 in betweeners would enjoy it. I know I still want to do a bit of shopping before getting on the tender.

Until then, I'm searching for past reviews...We leave in two weeks.

The DW has expressed an interest in doing this excursion with the 18 y/o DS!:rolleyes: The more I think about it, and the associated cost (with no food included), I'm beginning to think I may find something else... or let them go, and I'll spend some time at the aft pool while in GC...:p;)

I'm thinking a cab ride to Sea Grape Beach, lunch there, and a couple hours on the beach, may be more to my liking (as well as my pocketbook).. Still hoping to hear from someone who has experienced this excursion.. Anyone???:)

• 1 month later...

Just received word from the people at Boatswain's Beach/Park, that transportation 'to and from' is included in the initial cost on-line... with the 20% discount for pre-booking 'on-line', this excursion is looking a lot better..:)

Was also informed that "if the ship is unable to tender", a refund would be made!!:D

I haven't done it yet but will in April. I booked 2 adults and 2 children directly on line with Boatswain and it only cost $112.00 including transportation to and from. Check out their website. They have a restaurant, pool, gift shops, snorkeling, beach and marine life. I will write a review when I get back.

Looking forward to your comments..! DW really wants to do it, but I'm thinking a "bucket of beer and balcony" may be my day...:eek:;)

Wife and DS can go and have a GREAT time...:p However, they always seem to 'drag me along'... :(:cool:

We have booked this tour for April 15th. I will give a review when we get back.:)
Goody!!!:p Please don't forget... This is our choice, but we are open for other suggestions...:rolleyes::D

ps: Did you book thru the cruiseline or 'on your own'..??

• 1 month later...

We did this in April. We booked through Boatswain online and paid $112.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids(ages 12 & 13). The first problem we had was went we got of the ship there was no one from Boatswain to meet us. I finally found the Boatswain guy for Carnival and he had to call the office and get someone to come pick us up. This is new for Boatswain to offer their own excursions so I guess they still need to get the kinks out. We waited for over an hour until someone picked us up. We finally got to Boatswain and had a great time. When you walk in there are turtle pools everywhere. There is a couple of pools where you can pick up the turtles on your own and feed them. They have their own man made beach and walk in snorkling area. All snorkling equipment is included. The snorkling area has fish and turtles in it and you can swim up to a glass wall and see the sharks. They also have a fresh water walk in swimming pool with a water fall. There is a restaurant with outdoor seating and live music. We ordered a chicken quesadilla and fries for about $15 and shared them. They have iguanas and a bird aviary. It is very relaxing and great for young children. There are life guards, life jackets, lounge chairs, shaded areas avaliable. The only money we spent was on food and they of course have a gift shop. Since they took so long to pick us up, when it was time to leave our drive took us to Hell, which we wanted to see but nothing special and left after a few pictures and a t shirt that said "I went all the way to Hell to get this T shirt".

2205914_cruise2009019.jpg.98bbd8f9a66855263e58ecf62e9e58f7.jpg

101618780_cruise2009021.jpg.e5b142ccfe3f6a39ea66a7afd99aef7b.jpg

1810181423_cruise2009022.jpg.388af1e9079240b3eb86485fa9a7fd8f.jpg

692517844_cruise2009025.jpg.4eb74f6c7ae954ad1bfe591f60b416da.jpg

1701954338_cruise2009023.jpg.4ccb2993e80a224929502a8bc12bb943.jpg

We did this in April also. It is a nice place.

When you get off the tender and go into the shop area, there is a small building to your right. That is the building for Boatswain Beach. It is hard to find if you don't know where it is. It will have the logo on the building. They will then call for a car to take you to the Turtle Farm. We were not aware that they would have to call for a car and we wandered for awhile.

Teena

Archived