NCLs ship tour - overnight in Cairo

CruisinEurope

Hello!

For those of you who have done the NCL overnight in Cairo - can you tell me if the bus (coach) you used from Alexandria to Cairo had a toilet on it?? We have 2 little ones, and a 3 hour ride is making me nervous if there isn't a potty easily accessible.

Thanks!

Hello!

For those of you who have done the NCL overnight in Cairo - can you tell me if the bus (coach) you used from Alexandria to Cairo had a toilet on it?? We have 2 little ones, and a 3 hour ride is making me nervous if there isn't a potty easily accessible.

Thanks!

Yes, the busses have a toilet.

We were on JADE 12/21/2008 - 01/04/2009 with a 2 day stop at Alexandria and we took NCL's Best of Cairo Overnight tour. It was excellent.

Yes, each coach has a toilet, as well as an Egyptologist and an armed security guard!

Price might be steep but it was worth it. All admissions and all meals were included.

ENJOY!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We've just returned from a 12 nighter on the Jade through the Norwegian fjords. It was incredible.

We liked the ship, crew and service so much we are considering a future cruise with the possibility of overnighting like you did. We are inclined to take the ship's tour for a variety of reasons and wonder if any of you have (or would) done a little review?

It really sounds like a great trip. I'm a little worried about too much "shopping" time like at the Papyrus Institute (though we would find the process interesting) so maybe someone could clarify how much time we are talking about. Any other shopping stops? We just would rather spend time at the sites.

Highlights?

Any negatives?

Which hotel?

How was Nile cruise dinner? Quality - what was offered?

Sound & Light show?

How did you handle the pestering vendors?

What did NCL do particularly well and what was lacking (if anything)?

Thanks so much in advance and happy cruising!:D

Archived