Ship for 5 in a cabin?

Cruisin Amy

Debating between the Imagination and Victory or Triumph...We really want to go to Grand Cayman....

We are a group of 9 2 families...

any suggestions would be great!!

I would go with the Victory or the Triumph, as they are newer and larger than the Imagination. I will be sailing on the Victory in 3 weeks and will write a review when I get back.

I would go with the Victory or Triumph. But what I found when taking my kids with me that it is often cheaper to book two cabins rather than one and it also lets us have more room and a extra bathroom which is always good! Another plus is that it opens up all of the ships to you....I would ask the PVP to price it out both ways.

Good luck!

This is a hard number to fit in cabins. We booked two adjoining balcony rooms. Many families with five will book across the hall from each other (I wouldn't be able to sleep at night not being able to see my kids) but many people did. When you book you have to list one adult in each room and then split up the kids. It can be costly and then you have to get extra keys from the front desk so that all kids have access to their room and not yours! The upside to having two rooms is that you are not sleeping in the same room and it can be a nice adult vacation that way as well. My friend who travelled with us has two kids and they got the one room. It was a cluster of stuff to say the least and NO PRIVACY. We also liked the extra bathroom as we have two teenage girls and getting ready for dinner and showering can take up a lot of time if 5 are waiting for one shower. As for the ship we were sooo unimpressed with Imagination after being on Triumph, Destiny, Spirit. The shorter cruises brings out a different crowd - not usually a family crowd. Good luck with your decision.

We have been on the Fantasy and from what I have been reading it is comparable...

the roll out wouldn't bother the family of 5...

What kind of deals can I get for next fall for the Victory and Triumph...

oldest 15,9 and 8

my family 5 and 9

Is there a wider selection in the larger ships?

thanks!!

I've been on a tour of the Imagination, and it's not on the same caliber as the Victory or Triumph. However, I'd factor in the cabins before definitely saying to eliminate the Imagination. We found that an older ship allowed us better cabin space for our family of 5 and took that route.

I'm not trying to talk you out of a family suite, but I suggest comparing the 1 family cabin to the cost of getting 2 of the least expensive cat (not the upper lowers, though). You might be surprised and find it's fairly comparable to a family suite, if not less expensive.

I checked all the Carnival ships for Thanksgiving week and ended up with 2 cabins. It offered us the most convenient port of departure and best rate. Our cabins are adjoining rather than across the hall. We'd rather have them right beside us so we can tell if they are making too much noise. I don't want them disturbing other passengers. Plus, we don't have to walk out into the hall to get into their cabin. Two cabins that have an adjoining door offer an extra bathroom and more privacy than family suites. Some people say they don't spend time in their cabins, but it's important that you're also not avoiding spending time in it because it's so cramped.

We have done insides with 5 people.

Send the 15 year old to the gym to take a shower. The 9 year old too if possible. Get yourself a over the door shoe holder to put on the bathroom door to keep your cabin organized. It could be pure hell if you dont.

No matter which ship you pick I am sure you'll have a good time. We sailed the Sensation and the Victory. We had a great time on both. We done away with the rollaway after the first night as it takes up way too much room. (we did ask for extra pillows and blankets and let one sleep on the floor....much easier for us. You will be in your cabin to sleep and get changed. What category are you looking to book?? An oceanview will give you a sofa bed which two kids can sleep on and a pullman bed that pulls out of the wall. A balcony- which the Imagination only has suites-- will give you more room for people to wait while the others are getting ready for dinner.

When it is 3 of us we book a balcony-we go for the nicer cabin. but hubby and I like privacy so when we have someone else join us we will book two inside cabins and our daugther shares with our friend. If we can get a cabin to ourselves-hubby and I don't mind that it is an inside cabin-no big deal.

We do feel though you don't want a cabin full of kids( or even teenagers which is worse) but we have no problem with our daughter sharing a cabin with her grandmother or with a friend who is an adult.

Now this is regards to another post you had suggesting you book a suite on Inspiration. Don't know why as you did not even mention that ship as a choice. But this is what I think about the Inspiration-the Inspiration was a decent ship but no way would I spend the money on a suite for that ship. It is still an older ship so even in a suite you are still on an older ship. Heck you can get 2 ocean views for the price of a suite. Now the Miracle is a much nicer ship-if you are spending the money for a suite- book 2 extended balconies instead and then have them open the divider on the balcony. It will be easy for you to go privately between the 2 rooms that way. I am sure too if you wanted to spend the extra and book 3 balcony rooms- the divders could be opened on all three.

Archived