DVD "Cruise In Review"

Just off Brilliance of the Seas. Purchased a DVD "Cruise In Review". Put it in the DVD player and got zip. Then I noticed some instructions about using it in your computer. Still haven't figured that out. 1. Can you only watch it on your computer? 2. If so, got any hints on how to make it work. And #3, if you can only watch it on your computer, would RCL sell me a VHS one?

My guess would probably be that's it is incompatible with your dvd player. I think they burn them using over the counter dvdr with labels. They're probably using +R and your dvd player probably handles -R or visa versa. Just a technical guess...I could be way off!

Sea Ya when I Sea Ya!!!

"We can change the world in our minds, but only our actions will make the difference!"

Mariner of the Seas 7/04

Enchantment of the Seas 09/03

Voyager of the Seas 04/03

Carnival Fantasy 09/01

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=07>

<param name="day" value=18>

<param name="hour" value=17>

<param name="minute" value=00>

</applet>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Float, Honeymooning on the Mariner!

Don't buy either because they are complete rip offs. Just brief clips of various activities with no sound. Just music playing the entire time. As far as my cruise in review it played on both my computer and dvd player. Wish RCCL would get with the program and create videos like Carnival's. Yes they are a bit more expensive but at least they truly capture the fun that is had on a cruise.

Norwegian Sea 8/94

Ecstasy 8/96

Nordic Empress 6/97

Imagination 8/98

Carnival Destiny 8/00

Carnival Triumph 7/01

Voyager of the Seas 3/04

Navigator of the Seas 08/07/2004....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;8;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Seconds Please on the Voyager of the Seas!!!! 02/26/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;2;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I HAD TO BUY ONE BECAUSE WE WON THE HORSE RACE. GO SEABAGEL!!!!!! BOO FIRECRACKER!!!

ANYWAYS THE DVD WORKS IN MY PORTABLE PLAYER I USE ON TRIPS. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO USE IN COMPUTER. IF NOTHING HAPPENS GUESS WHAT YOU GOT A BLANK DISC.

GOOD LUCK.

If you have an older DVD player from like when they first came out it wont work. Any burned or bootleg dvds wont work in the older dvd players.

BTW Gator they may seem like a rip off to you but maybe not to others - maybe you didnt make the cut in yours enough for it to be worth it but I (and my friends and family)were in all 3 so much (too much) we had to.

Enchantment Feb,2002; Monarch Nov,2002; Radiance Nov,2003; Golden Princess Feb 28,2004

E8jxdiZ9faFKEKEk7kLioMO+rbBbKHM20060.jpg

Not saying that it doesn't serve a purpose and I was in it for a few shots. I was just saying that it wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought it would be similar to the type of broadcasting that was played throughout the week in the cabins. Such as the shows with sound and not just music and 20 second clips of random things. But hey if your going to spend $20 for a picture why not $30 for 2 minutes of video time.

Norwegian Sea 8/94

Ecstasy 8/96

Nordic Empress 6/97

Imagination 8/98

Carnival Destiny 8/00

Carnival Triumph 7/01

Voyager of the Seas 3/04

Navigator of the Seas 08/07/2004....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;8;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Seconds Please on the Voyager of the Seas!!!! 02/26/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;2;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have to agree with Gator that I thought it was a ripoff. The last night of the cruise, they played what I thought was a 5 minute clip of the video jsut before the last show. When I saw the kids parade and my son in it for about 2 seconds, I knew I had to buy it since there would be more of the parade. Nope, I was wrong. That was all it showed. The rest of the dvd(which btw works fine in my player)is an advertisement aimed at the people that you share it with. I spent $29.95 to help promote RCCL.

I too was a little disappointed in our cruise in review video. Of course we *had* to get it after seeing the clips during the farewell show. My bad for assuming that it was just bits of the video they were showing and not realizing it was the whole thing. Oh well. Live and learn.

Sovereign 6/02

Voyager 9/03

Mariner is so far away.. [countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;6;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fatherdav:

Just off Brilliance of the Seas. Purchased a DVD "Cruise In Review". Put it in the DVD player and got zip. Then I noticed some instructions about using it in your computer. Still haven't figured that out. 1. Can you only watch it on your computer? 2. If so, got any hints on how to make it work. And #3, if you can only watch it on your computer, would RCL sell me a VHS one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a problem with it you can mail RCCL about it. I had a problem with a VHS several years ago. When watching it at home it was a tape from anpother cruise but not from mine. RCCL told me to mail to the company that produces the Videos for them onboard. It took a few mails forth and back but finally I got the correct Video from them.

First pics of the undocking of the Jewel of the Seas:

http://community.webshots.com/album/125049819TVWuuS

Jewel of the Seas left Meyerwerft Shipyard

See Photos of River Ems passage

http://community.webshots.com/album/131001309cIkOdH

Jewel of the Seas - 05/28/04 Scandinavia / Russia / Baltic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;05;28;7;20;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Jewel of the Seas - 09/28/04 Canada / New England

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;09;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

09/2003 - Legend of the Seas Hawaii

06/2003 - Norwegian Dawn Florida and Bahamas

2002 - MS Columbus - Cruise to nowhere

2001 - Grandeur of the Seas Mediterranean and Transatlantic

2000 - Splendour of the Seas Transatlantic

2000 - Viking Star on the Danube River

1999 - Vision of the Seas Panamacanal cruise

1998 - Vision of the Seas Transatlantic

1997 - Crystal Symphonie to Mexican Riviera

1996 - Delta Queen on the Mississippi

1995 - Legend of the Seas to Alaska

Nope, never did get it to work in the Dvd player, the home computer or the computer at work. Must be a blank. Oh well, years ago I got a VHS tape that was blank, and RCCL sent me a new one.

I personally like them. I get one on every cruise. (9 so far.) A quick "snapshot" of each cruise.

You can buy the DVD(which works in our DVD player and Computer) and shared the cost with some of your friends. Then when you get home you burn it on the computer and if you share it with 3 people than it only costs you about $12, including the cost of the blank DVDs!!

Basically, if you go to all the events and participate then you will make the video. If you don't then I wouldn't bother buying it. So far we have been on both DVD's for the cruises we have been on and it has been worth it to us to buy the movies. You can also do that with all those day tours that tape the whole shore excursion and then sell it to you for $40.

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

it looks that way but you know the funny part of it is all i wrote was go seabagel. i was one of two owners and the person who was getting down on firecracker was a person we met on an excursion on aruba. we became freindly and they felt that way about firecracker regardless of the fact that we knew of each other. i guess my mistake was commenting on the peeping tom issue. it wasnt meant for me but i felt was way out of line. everyone is entitled to their opinion but they started getting down on the owners. then they chicken out aand pull it off before i could really tell them a thing or two. mainly about getting their facts straight. being new on this site i need to figure out how to email someone directly ,such as the two people who were ganging up. besides that i have some nice pictures of them during the horse race. by the way were you on the cruise.

Archived