Booked first cruise on Liberty of the Seas!!

Madonna3

Well, my husband and I took the plunge. I was getting upset that all the other cruise lines were doing reduced deposits, but RCI was still holding true to the $500 minimum. (I don't like giving people money to hold for free.) Then, I saw the ASAP sale and made sure to call to get some details.

I did a lot of research. I read your boards anonymously and then finally joined. I read some more and pondered our options. I really wanted to visit the Eastern Carribean, but I wasn't thrilled with the itinerary. I knew I wanted the largest class of ships available (ie. Independence, Freedom, Liberty) and that it couldn't be more than 8 nights. Well, I thought Puerto Rico was a bust because of the short time you are actually there and gave up with the Eastern itinerary and went ahead and started looking at Western. While it wasn't a dream come true, it was much improved over the Eastern bookings and with a 7 night option, it seemed to really fit the bill and satisfy my requirements of my first cruise.

Well, today I finally got ahold of my travel planner and booked the 7 day Western sailing out of Miami on 10/17. This is in celebration of our 10 year anniversary. I even went and splurged and upgraded us from a Promenade stateroom to an E2 Balcony. My husband wanted to be able to smoke on the balcony, but I just wanted to people watch. The idea of breakfast being served on our balcony helped sell me on the "splurge".

We've been assigned room 6646 which is the last room on the "hump" and I was thinking I might rather be in the middle of the "hump" in 6640. Can anyone provide me some room pictures of either 6646 or 6640?

We have sailed Liberty and Freedom...you will love it.

I have not been in the hump cabin, but all of the balcony rooms are great.

You should try the Eastern Carib. itinerary some time...I think you will enjoy it. We love several of those ports!

Hi, neighbor, and welcome to Cruise Critic! What a GREAT first post! You will love your ship and you will LOVE your balcony! Nothing better! Congratulations on your anniversary and happy cruise planning! You will become addicted!

Congratulations! We were in a 6th deck balcony on Liberty in December and it was amazing. You will love it!! The Promenade is one deck below, which is great, and you can walk up to the pool and Windjammer and down to everything else (if you want). You are going to be really happy. Have a wonderful time!

We just booked the Liberty for the April 25th cruise. This will be my 10th

cruise with Royal Caribbean and I will officially be a diamond after this cruise.

But, most of all we are taking my brother and sister-in-law and this will

be their first cruise as well. I am so excited for them because, I know that

most of their money will go on pictures.

We were going to go on the Freedom on April 19th but, I saved us alot of $$$ by taking the Liberty..

You will love the hump cabin..we have stayed in them before and they are so

close to the elevators..this time we got a D-2 Balcony. The D-2 Balcony was

cheaper than the E-2 balcony.

I know you will love the Liberty..even though I have not been on the Mega ships before but, I have been on the Voyager class and they were all beautiful.

Congratulations on your Anniversary I can't think of a better way of spending it.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!! Congrats on your anniversary & booking your cruise!! We LOVED Liberty!! You will certainly spend a lot of time on here as you count the days down till your wonderful cruise.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I can hardly wait!

if i had the choice of the middle of the hump or the back of the hump i would definately choose the middle.

love the liberty, that's why we are booked on her sister ship freedom. you are going to love cruising!

That's my thinking too. Something about the OCD tendencies in me needs to be in the middle of the middle. Then I am thinking about the angle of the balcony and how looking at the starboard side the back of the hump angles toward the aft of the ship. I was trying to picture how the port side would angle. I don't think my brain can handle it. I over think things because I have nothing else to do while I wait for the big event. So, I just sit and ponder and ponder planning this perfect experience and then I go and over plan it and get stressed out over it when it doesn't go how I imagined it in my head. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

We just booked the Liberty for the April 25th cruise. This will be my 10th

cruise with Royal Caribbean and I will officially be a diamond after this cruise.

But, most of all we are taking my brother and sister-in-law and this will

be their first cruise as well. I am so excited for them because, I know that

most of their money will go on pictures.

We were going to go on the Freedom on April 19th but, I saved us alot of $$$ by taking the Liberty..

You will love the hump cabin..we have stayed in them before and they are so

close to the elevators..this time we got a D-2 Balcony. The D-2 Balcony was

cheaper than the E-2 balcony.

I know you will love the Liberty..even though I have not been on the Mega ships before but, I have been on the Voyager class and they were all beautiful.

Congratulations on your Anniversary I can't think of a better way of spending it.

Thank you and what a wonderful way to introduce your in-laws to cruising. I almost wish I was going with an experienced cruiser so I didn't have to figure this out on my own.

Well, since we are only 3 hours from Miami, I have decided that we will leave our house the morning of the 16th (if we can get my mother in law here Thursday night) and take a nice leisurly drive to Miami, maybe even taking some local roads. We will check into a nice hotel with free parking, which means we may have to stay close to the airport vs. being able to stay near the port. I'll hire a town car or a limo to come get us from the hotel (depending on cost and where we end up, ie. closer to airport or closer to port) and ride to the port in style.

Then, it's the unknown for us, but I am sure we can handle it. Next month, I am taking my family to the clerk of court to apply for our passports. We have to handle some business at the tax office too, so we'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

As a surprise, I have decided to have our stateroom decorated. I thought it might cheapen our experience, but I am just getting caught up in all of it. Has anyone ever done the room decorations? Got any pictures?

Archived