What time did you get your luggage?

After early seating for dinner. We were one of the 1st on the ship, and one of the last to get our bags.

Same here, it was after we returned to the cabin following early dinner. No alcohol in it either, just arrived very late!

Hi Steve,

On our first Voyager cruise, our luggage did now show up until 10pm. This cruise was out of Miami and we had cruise line transfers from the airport to the ship. We had to leave our bags at the airport in a huge pile in front of one of the exits. Our bags did not go on the bus with us. I remember wondering if I'd ever see them again.

That was the latest we ever got our bags. Mostly we've gotten them before muster. One other time they showed up when we got back from early dinner.

Bob

My sister & I sailed away on a Sunday evening and our luggage showed up on Tuesday night. We actually got a bonus suitcase as well that turned out to belong to some people down the hall.

Made due with the very few things in our carry on, plus a few purchases from the shops. The front desk gave us a toiletry bag and a t-shirt.

We weren't going to go to formal night (the second night) but our table mates insisted. We ended up wearing shorts t-shirts and a pashmina with some jewelry. It seemed everyone knew our situation and were all eager to help out. Once we were seated, no one could tell. You can really travel with a lot less than you think.

Judi

On longer trips (10-12 days) we usually have 4 bags. Onece three showed up early, before muster drill. The last one finally showed up after dinner. Of coarse that one belonged to the DW with her formal dress. She was in a panic until it finally showed up.

In general I would say we have gotten them before muster. One time though, we didn't and found them in a heap in the hallway by the elevator after muster. We just grabbed our own bags and went about unpacking.

The same thing happened to us on the Majesty, we got our own luggage from a heap on the floor after muster.

This is how they deliver them, the carts are unloaded in the hallway by the elevator and then cabin stewards (and other ship employees) take them to the cabins. I'm sure the workers were happy to have some of their work done for them ;)

We have found that when we board later, we get our bags earlier, sometimes they beat us to the cabin. We usually board around 2-3 pm. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but my thought is they are on the top of the heap, rather than the bottom, where the bags are from the early boarders.

This is how they deliver them, the carts are unloaded in the hallway by the elevator and then cabin stewards (and other ship employees) take them to the cabins. I'm sure the workers were happy to have some of their work done for them ;)

We have found that when we board later, we get our bags earlier, sometimes they beat us to the cabin. We usually board around 2-3 pm. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but my thought is they are on the top of the heap, rather than the bottom, where the bags are from the early boarders.

I am sure they are pleased to see that pile shrink without as much effort! :)

Oddly enough (same as happycruiser, ours was also Majesty) and we had boarded at 11am. I just figured they were buried under those bags that came later than ours. Who knows?

In general I would say we have gotten them before muster. One time though, we didn't and found them in a heap in the hallway by the elevator after muster. We just grabbed our own bags and went about unpacking.

Same for us last week on the Monarch. We've always driven to the port with our luggage (except Hawaii - but we came in days early!) so I have "hand delivered them to the porters". We're flying this year and I was curious. I've always read to take some clothes in a carry on.

Archived