What airport is closest to Caldera?

Steirisch

Last month, I flew from FLL directly to San Jose, CR; as did the vast majority of those who joined the ship there. I was on Crystal Serenity; & although I booked my own air & pre-cruise hotel, Crystal's air/sea pkg. also uses San Jose as their air gateway. It would be a roughly 2 hr. transfer from there to the port of Caldera. I know there is another smaller airport that's a little closer to Caldera (& I can't remember at this moment what the name is); but I don't think there would be as many choices of airlines serving this airport as the one in San Jose. If you have a long distance to travel that would require a change of plane (or more), you probably should fly in the day before just to be safe. And FYI, I was very pleased w/ the San Jose Marriott for my pre-cruise hotel. It was a former coffee plantation; & the grounds are beautiful. I booked through Travelocity; & got a good deal. I also found a few other Pax who were sailing Serenity; & we got the hotel to arrange a van transfer to the ship.

We are doing Caldera - Miami next week. We will also be spending three days in Costa Rica at the Marriott Los Suenos which is near Jaco. We have stayed there before and really enjoy it. We have a transfer from the San Jose airport to Los Suenos for $100 for the four of us and then we have a transfer from Los Suenos to Caldera for $70. You migh consider spending a couple of days of Costa Rica before the cruise.

You can get a transfer from San Jose to Caldera for probably around $125 or so. But I certainly would not arrive the day of departure.

That is a great cruise through the Canal.

Archived