Dinner on Crown?

mabell2

I have been searching for dinner menus for the Crown on line and can't seem to find any. I want to see what would be a good night to make a reservation at the Crown Grill. Also, when and where to you make reservations for speciality restaurants? Thanks:):):)

Might want to check out these menus over on Webshots. Even though there are some slight changes...basically they are about the same food we had this Oct. on the Crown.

http://family.webshots.com/album/552767987VRUvwK"]http://family.webshots.com/album/552767987VRUvwK

If you love Escargot, make sure to request it the night before or a couple of nights before the formal night. They do not list it anymore on the menu however they will make a special order for you (no extra charge of course) and bring it to you on formal night.

thanks so much for the menus and the great info on the Escargot. I didn't realize they weren't offering it on the menu. I will make sure to order it in advance. Thanks

Your are very welcomed...and BTW...the Escargot is really great! :D

Might want to check out these menus over on Webshots. Even though there are some slight changes...basically they are about the same food we had this Oct. on the Crown.

http://family.webshots.com/album/552767987VRUvwK"]http://family.webshots.com/album/552767987VRUvwK

If you love Escargot, make sure to request it the night before or a couple of nights before the formal night. They do not list it anymore on the menu however they will make a special order for you (no extra charge of course) and bring it to you on formal night.

We had a dummy for a waiter & he forgot to tell us about the escargot until I saw someone else eating it at an adjoining table. I think he had to go back for about 10 servings for everyone around us.

The waiter on the Crown when I asked a few nights said Escargot was not available any longer on the Crown and this was three different waiters but same dining room.

To the original poster, the night of the Chef's Dinner there really isn't anything to eat if you're not a fan of seafood so you could go to the Crown Grill that night. I do believe it is night 5 of the cruise when leaving Grand Turk. :)

Just curious...does this mean that Anytime Diners can't get escargot? Since you aren't at the same table each night, I don't see how you can tell your waiter in advance? Or do you just mention it to the head waiter?

Escargot is available to anytime diners - a couple sitting next to us one night had preordered it and it arrived with no problem. We ordered French onion soup for ourselves that very same night. Just ask your waiter to have the head waiter come over and he'll take care of the rest for you. Remember to remind your waiter the next night about your request and it will be there!

Miriam

Also, when and where to you make reservations for speciality restaurants?

You can call the "dine" line from your cabin. The extension will be listed on the phone and/or in the Princess Patter.

Also, on the day you board the ship there may be a table set up somewhere on board to take these reservations.

Escargot is available to anytime diners - a couple sitting next to us one night had preordered it and it arrived with no problem. We ordered French onion soup for ourselves that very same night. Just ask your waiter to have the head waiter come over and he'll take care of the rest for you. Remember to remind your waiter the next night about your request and it will be there!

Miriam

It is, but normally you have to let them know what night you want it if it isn't a standard item on the menu.

I get annoyed when they have it already prepared in the kitchen & it's not printed on the menu & your waiter doesn't say anything to you about it. :mad:

Archived