Ushuaia chocolate shop and shoppping in general on the "Around the Horn" cruise

tinybabynurse

I read in a forum someplace - can't find it now - that there was a great chocolate shop in Ushuaia. Does anyone know anything about it - the name of the shop - is it close to the cruise ship pier?

Anyone have any favorite shops that they visited on the "Around the horn cruise" We are going to La Serena, Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Puerto Madryn, Punta del Este,Montevideo, and Buenos Aires.

Any suggestion for best little "trinkets" to bring back as gifts for friends. I am specifically looking for small little South American doll figures, dressed in costume, could even be little puppets, just look like little costumed figures- anybody see any of those?

In Punta Areanas there is a square that has a load of vendor stalls. Walking distance from pier. It was about 2 blocks from O'Higgins- intersection I thinl was Pedro Montt. they had all kinds of stuff there. I got an alpaca scarf for $7US. Bought my grandson an adorable penguin hat for $4US. Also my husband got a penguin design alpaca sweater for around $25US. They only took chilean pesos. We changed cash a few blocks away.

I got adorable blue lapis/silver hanging earrings in Puerto Varas on a side street for $22US (a small jewelry store that converted and took US) We were on a tour and stayed away from the jewelry store they steered us to.

In Ushuaia I got a cute pair of blue lapis/silver penguin earrings for around $30US on one of the main streets. Can look for the receipt in my pile if you need.

There are several chocolate shops on Avenida San Martin, the main drag in downtown Ushuaia - we were in town for three days and found Chocolate Artesanal to be the best. Their chocolate drizzled crepes were yummy, as was the hot chocolate made by melting chocolate in hot milk.

Downtown Ushuaia is very close, walking distance to the port.

There is a great chocolate shop in BA around the corner from the Alvear Palace Hotel. Around another corner is a terrific shop for souveniers, selling only Argentinian goods. This is vague, but I can find the name of the goods store. The concierges at most hotels will also know.

Archived