How did you become a Cruise Critic fan

matmar

Hi everyone

I'm sure we all have our stories about people we have met and place we have been, but how did you find out about Cruise Critic.

I not certain but, someone on our cruise on the Pacific Star in March 2006 told me about it whilst out having a smoke on the Promenade Deck one evening. Now the only person I have been able to find on this site that was on the same cruise was "Skyrules" so I can only asume that Skyrules was the the wonderful person who told me about this website. Thank you Skyrules, maybe one day we should have a Pacific Star March 2006 reunion as I know of at least 9 of us here in Brisbane from that cruise.

Tell us how you found out about "Cruise Critic".

On our first Princess cruise to Mexico, we were researching cruise sites, and we came upon the Princess USA boards.

We were taken under the wing of a lovely actress from Los Angeles, who was on our roll call, and we corresponded with her for about 12 months before the cruise date, which was a LOT of fun!

When they picked us up at the hotel, it was in a stretch limo, with our friend standing and waving through the sunroof of the car, champagne and glasses in hand, BOY - THAT was a cruise and a half... and then there was the week that followed in Las Vegas....woo hoo.... fantastic fun and we were hooked.

...anyway, she helped us around the boards on CC, and that was 7 years ago, and we are still addicted, and still email and speak to our friend in LA, along with many others we have met from all round the world on our cruises....

Gotta luv the CC boards....:D

S&D

banned.gif.b5c591fb3e8bc01877b4d8581f92be75.gif

To be honest I do not recall now.

I know I had booked our first cruise by then so may have googled it and found this place.

I know we had a thread ages ago that was about our first post and I mentioned then that we were going on a cruise.

Been here since. Never thought I would be up to cruise number 6 in such a short space of time.

Before our last cruise in September I was looking for cruise forums on the search engines (I know there are forums for just about everything else so why not cruising), and couldn't find much that applied to me in Australia, :confused: so I decided to try a search for P&O cruise forums and looked in Aus only,...... and this site is what I found.....

Needless to say I put it straight in my favourites and started to read the threads, I became a member about 3-4 weeks later.:)

It did take a long time before I could work my way around all the different boards........:rolleyes:, but I don't venture very far.....only to roll calls and back :D lol

This is really weird. Yesterday I was thinking of exactly the same thing, how we all found the CC site :eek:

I just stumbled upon it and was immediately addicted, I come back every day for my fix/therapy :) We're up early each day & once DH goes to work I have my breakfast with all you wonderful people before I head off to work.

Ella

It was about mid 2006, after we'd booked our first cruise. I wanted to know more about the Pacific Star and the new terminal in Brisbane. I googled "cruise reviews" and hit the jackpot.

The site has to be a winner (great people/atmosphere here) , as we've done two more cruises since then.

Cheers,

Anna

In late 2007 we were looking at booking a cruise on the Star, so looked at trip advisor and they pointed me to cruise critic, everyone had good things to say about cruises, booked, learnt and now use it all the time.

Steve

I also came in via Trip Advisor. There's quite a difference between the 2 sites though. Trip Advisor is more functional, people ask a few questions, get a couple of responses, and then go on their holiday. Cruise Critic is more like a club, with a sense of comraderie among the members.

I've only been a member for a week - I stumbled upon the site when I googled a question about reef shoes I think. The answer that came up sent me to cruise critic. OMG, what a revelation! so much more info then the travel agent can give, and all of it specific to my ship and fellow aussies. Thank you, thank you, thank you, it has become my obsession. :D

I've only been a member for a week - I stumbled upon the site when I googled a question about reef shoes I think. The answer that came up sent me to cruise critic. OMG, what a revelation! so much more info then the travel agent can give, and all of it specific to my ship and fellow aussies. Thank you, thank you, thank you, it has become my obsession. :D

What a great sign in name...love it

I had almost convinced hubby on cruising, googled the Pacific Dawn and found this site :)

Well ther was so much great information that hubby said "yes....OK....book the cruise" woohoo!!! did it right there and then, now I just love to read all the reviews until we can get the money together for another cruise.............2010 will be when we go next. :(

Have to say this is the best site for everything you needed to know about cruising, especially the packing tips!! :D:D

I was watching you tube videos on the Pacific Sun & Dawn and came across Nellius. He runs the shipwatcher site and I think there was a link to this site from his website. I only wished I discovered the site before my last cruise.

We had booked a 11/29-12/6/08 cruise on Carnival. I was in the Carnival Talk Group & someone suggested this website. I can't believe how much I have learned. Only now I feel tortured day after day reading about cruises I can't afford to go on! Our next one isn't until next year.

It was July 07; it was a week or a few days before our July 07 Pacific Star cruise.

One night I was downstairs seen what my dad was up to when I saw him reading the thread about what was happing with the Pacific Star after the storm hit her and I ask dad to send me a link to the thread.

The day or so before we where meant to go, was when I joined CC to ask how some one got some info on the Pacific Star, and it was Cruise Critic who told us our cruise was likely to be Cancelled because of the storm damage, which it was :(

Two year & Three cruises latter Iam still on Cruise Critic :D :)

Hi everyone

I'm sure we all have our stories about people we have met and place we have been, but how did you find out about Cruise Critic.

I not certain but, someone on our cruise on the Pacific Star in March 2006 told me about it whilst out having a smoke on the Promenade Deck one evening. Now the only person I have been able to find on this site that was on the same cruise was "Skyrules" so I can only asume that Skyrules was the the wonderful person who told me about this website. Thank you Skyrules, maybe one day we should have a Pacific Star March 2006 reunion as I know of at least 9 of us here in Brisbane from that cruise.

Tell us how you found out about "Cruise Critic".

Martin found it while he was googling ship stuff... I joined around the time of my second cruise, on Pacific Sun in 2005.

Matmar, I'm not sure if I was talking to you on Pacific Star - might have been.. but was the person you were talking to a smoker, or where you talking to them while you were smoking?? If the person you were talking to was a smoker it wasn't me. But I think there were a couple of other cc'ers on that cruise that have gone by the wayside.

We're off on Pacific Sun this weekend with the same group we cruised with on that cruise on Pacific Star, plus one extra friend, looking forward to it.

I just stumbled upon it and was immediately addicted, I come back every day for my fix/therapy :) We're up early each day & once DH goes to work I have my breakfast with all you wonderful people before I head off to work.

Ella

Ditto for the stumbling & therapy, & double ditto for the waiting for husband to go to work, then having my breakfast with all you CCers. :D:D

I used to wonder why T/As didnt mention this site to their customers, but realised that CC would do them out of their jobs. Why go to them when you can get all the info you could possibly want on here.

I just cant get enough!

Had planned a cruise earlier on in the year and didn't know what to expect, only just discoverd cruise critic a few weeks before my first cruise on the Pacific Dawn in december, which was an awesome information hub or place to ask questions, because i really enjoyed my cruise i think i'll be hooked on this site and cruising for a long time to come!

Archived